Sightstone now unaffordable early game, back to Philo+wards.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mradr

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticSage View Post
I don't know what all the whining is about. Although I don't play support often (I play adc most now, and believe me, I appreciate that what helps my support, helps me), once I am able to play again, I will continue to buy sightstone on support because it's the support "heart of gold". It basically is a heart of gold that costs a bit more but has more value by mitigating your costs instead of giving you gold. With just about every support item imaginable building out of gp/10s now, this is kind of a golden age for supports. The only supports that aren't really covered right now are tanky supports, and honestly, building gp/10s and then getting tanky items is its own reward (survivability to do your job better).

Its that getting sightstone now sets you too much back. It's not a, "basically is a heart of gold that costs a bit"... I really wish it was =/ People are skipping a lot of math to only see what they want to see sadly (they just see the "free ward" part and think it'll cover the cost of the item over time) v.v; I give up... ppl like the guy above you are going to make your supports burn and die if they keep dreaming they'll come out a head for getting the sightstone within its current forum.

Look, he's not even rank to tell others what say or think.. so he has no idea what he's really talking about.

TealNinje

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mradr View Post
Its that getting sightstone now sets you too much back. It's not a, "basically is a heart of gold that costs a bit"... I really wish it was =/ People are skipping a lot of math to only see what they want to see sadly (they just see the "free ward" part and think it'll cover the cost of the item over time) v.v; I give up... ppl like the guy above you are going to make your supports burn and die if they keep dreaming they'll come out a head for getting the sightstone within its current forum.

Look, he's not even rank to tell others what say or think.. so he has no idea what he's really talking about.
How to deal with trolls: Make them put more effort into trolling you than you put into dealing with them.

Nevermind that you haven't shown a lick of math in this thread nor actually computed any math associated with ward cost over time (150 gold per 180 seconds, 60% better than Philosopher's Stone's gold per 10.)

Mradr

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealNinje View Post
How to deal with trolls: Make them put more effort into trolling you than you put into dealing with them.

Nevermind that you haven't shown a lick of math in this thread nor actually computed any math associated with ward cost over time (150 gold per 180 seconds, 60% better than Philosopher's Stone's gold per 10.)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3084539&page=2
2nd post... blue link... 2 other threads below this...
You fail to read...

TealNinje

02-05-2013

Quote:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3084539&page=2
2nd post... blue link... 2 other threads below this...
You fail to read...
This thread.

Mradr

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealNinje View Post
This thread.
this is page 3.. not page 2... fail troll is a fail...

PikaRioCed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

I main support and I have no problem with the new price.

An excellent first buy if you are crushing, and still vital against aggressive jungle-champions. Very rarely will I try to get the PhS first: if I am a mana hungry support, if our lane is losing and pushed to our tower or if their jungler is extremely inactive.

TealNinje

02-05-2013

Quote:
this is page 3.. not page 2... fail troll is a fail...
You call that math?

****, I should go into astrophysics if that constitutes math.

Pherlofsky

02-06-2013

So a ward costs 75 per use. A regular sight stone costs 975. A Ruby sight-stone costs 1575.
975/75=13
1575/75

You must place 13 wards before equalizing out the costs of the Regular sight stone.
You must place 21 wards on the life of the sightstone before equalizing out the costs of the Ruby sight stone.

The Sightstone has four charges and the ruby sighstone has five charges.

It would take five trips back to the summoners platform to reach this number of wards placed. Assuming you placed down all your wards before returning.

Regular Sightstone

Let say with the regular sight-stone it would take you 5 minutes to exhaust your sigh-stone and one minute to go back to the summoners platform.

975/75=13 wards

13/4 uses= 3.25 trips

3 trips*6 minutes=18 minutes + 3 minutes to use one more ward= 21 minutes

It would take 21 minutes to break even on your sightstone from the time you buy the sightstone.

Ruby Sightstone

Let say with the ruby sight-stone it would take you 6 minutes to exhaust your sigh-stone and one minute to go back to and from the summoners platform. Assume you used as the regular sight stone 13 times before buying the Ruby Sightsone.

600/75=8 wards

8/5 uses= 1.75 trips

1.75 trips*7 minutes=12.25 minutes + 21 minutes to use one more ward= 33:15 minutes

It would take 33 minutes and 15 seconds to break even on your ruby sightstone.

On a side note it would take 31 minutes to break even on the ruby sight stone if you bought the whole thing at the same time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But the fact about the sight-stone is that it hinders the support from getting other support items or items for their champ that may save there adc's life. Like Auras, or mana-regen for the Mana hungry supports that spam their spells when the enemy jungle or adc come in to get a kill or gp10 items. Wards may be important but they are not everything.

Just to point out so I do not sound like I'm bashing on wards is that is that wards don't rely on the skill of the support to help the team out.

But wards only help the team out if the Team is map aware. Wards are not a excuse to zone your lane without paying attention the map.

Tl:dr?

Sight stone takes 21 minutes to break even.
Ruby Sight stone takes about 30-33 minutes to break even.
Wards are useful but are not the only useful item.

Acanthus

02-06-2013

You didn't calculate the cost/worth of the hp.

Mradr

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticSage View Post
You didn't calculate the cost/worth of the hp.
We have.. you just are skipping the math... Only seeing the ward part of it =/

Look. If it cost 13 wards to make up the cost, we can just grab 3 wards, and with the money saved, we can get a health item inreturn for cheaper, for example a faster Aegis of the Legion.
+250 Health
+20 Armor
+20 Magic Resist

UNIQUE Aura - Legion: Grants nearby allies +10 Armor, +15 Magic Resist, and +10 Health Regen per 5 seconds.

This becomes the new GP 10 as it has auto health pots for the whole team and comes at the start of mid game. We all know that MR is also on a decline as of late, so getting this at mid game is a huge money saver for the whole team as well.