Garen numbers, counterplays and all that other stuff.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevamortner View Post
I main assassians, thus Garen 1 combo stomps my face %80 of the time and i hate his guts. He's easily countered lane phase through items and simple play-style.

Look guys Garen's ult seems alot like the mega op Darius ult, he must be op too. lol
lolwut? are you suggesting darius stomps you ever? lol

Sevamortner

02-05-2013

sarcasm

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevamortner View Post
sarcasm
sarcasm too stronk

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-06-2013

update bump

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-07-2013

update bump

Peligrad

02-07-2013

I don't understand what this is supposed to be...

You wanna know what the hardest counter in the game for Garen is? It's called a lane swap.

This is the huge reason why Garen NEVER sees play in tournaments.

You lane swap bottom and top and make it 2v1 and Garen can't handle it.

You stick a solo who can 2v1 bottom, such as Yorick, Olaf, Nidalee...ect.

That's an absolutely ridiculously hard counter against Garen because he is really gear/farm dependent yet he has no range and his Q is the only skill he has that helps him last hit under tower.

If you don't want to lane swap, its still not hard to beat Garen.

Garen is skill based and has decently long CDs. His skills work best in combination. That combo being Q>E>R (when low) with ignite to help get them low.

If you break up Q and E so he can't use them together (by baiting Q and then disengaging. Then he is very easy to deal with.

The biggest thing when facing him is to out mobility Garen. And to do that, you save your slow for after he uses Q. That's the big mistake most noobs make against Garen. They use the slow, then garen cleanses it with Q and rolls them. Bait Q, then slow.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
I don't understand what this is supposed to be...
It is lookimg at a champion and analyzing said champion and comparing said champion to other seemingly similar and some dissimilar champions and comparing individual abilities to other seeming similar and sometimes not actually similar abilities.

Made in response to a lot of b****ing I also decided to dispel some claims such as his extreme dps potential which I suspect is a result of peoples inability to track how much time has passed in battle when the opponent is just sustaining their damage. Some peole seem to think he has great stats which I think is an assumption based off the nature of his passive and the somewhat hard looking swing he does in his aa animation. People think he's fast when in reality theyre just dependant on boots earlyon and he is not so much.

So far I've looked into his Q and passive, niether of which raise many alarms outside the fact he has the strongest single target silence of any nonmage although he has to be in aa range to place it on you and he has to actually aa you in time.