Why did Riot make games played have any effect on matchmaking.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mustaphah II

02-04-2013

Ok read what i have said, then before down voting tell me some reason why, games played/won should have any effect on matchmaking

If elo is 'accurate' like so many will take to their graves it is then why on earth would be put wins into the equation.

Attempting to put high win vs high win and low win vs low win is completely pointless assuming elo is actually accurately portraying the skill of a player.

So what's it matter if some guy has 200 million wins and another has 50, if they are on the same skill level according to elo which according to Riot is accurate then why are we throwing another thing in that could potentially tilt ELO rating's godly accuracy?

Please Riot please tell me, I wish to know. Unless of course... ELO ISN'T ACTUALLY ACCURATE AND YOU KNOW THIS!!

Mustaphah II

02-04-2013

bump

Poisonpowder

02-04-2013

Mostly because there's usually a noticeable skill difference between the 1.6k Elo guy who's won 500 games of ranked, and the 1.6k Elo guy who's won 5.

Jmbomb

02-04-2013

I love it, getting paired with 200 win noobs...win every game

Mustaphah II

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epochalypse View Post
Mostly because there's usually a noticeable skill difference between the 1.6k Elo guy who's won 500 games of ranked, and the 1.6k Elo guy who's won 5.
Well clearly, that 5 win guy is of the same skill level you are, as ELO has said so, and ELO knows all. and there is no reason to change that in any way shape or form.

TheOmegaBunny

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epochalypse View Post
imo the 5 guy might be better. 500 games and he hadn't moved? Jeez he's at his elo. But the other guy had a chance :0

CoolHandJack

02-04-2013

It was because so many people complaining about having 1000+ wins and being matches up with people with 200 wins. So no it wasn't because of the inaccuracies of ELO. It was GD complaining.