I am from New Zealand and I have been forced to quit this great game due to ping

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iTank Blood

02-04-2013

I love this game and I think Riot have done a great job with it, but I cannot play on 300-500 ping.

My internet is average for where I live, I used to be able to play on 200 ping constantly and that was great, but 300 ping is a noticeable delay and I can feel it effect my performance.

None of my friends (I go to a private school so they don't have poverty internet) have under 160 ping.

I have never played on godlike ping (>90). In fact I have never played with ping under 160. I am sure this ping is effecting my elo and my performance and I am sure there would be MANY competent players from Oceania that would be able to compete in tournaments but don't get noticed because they can't compare with americans with the ping disadvantage.

Anyway, I hope quitting will increase my grades at school. Please think about this Riot. I would love to become a competitive player one day but that isn't possible when I am at such a disadvantage to low ping players.

inb4 people say "my friend is from nz and he is 2k elo" - Perhaps your friend has the potential to be the best player in the world but his practise is being inhibited by external factors like ping.

Maybe I'm exaggerating, I don't know.

iTank Blood

02-04-2013

Also this isn't my main account.

Tharama

02-04-2013

As an Australian, I (slightly) feel your pain but my average ping is about 170-200.

iTank Blood

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gholdenman View Post
As an Australian, I (slightly) feel your pain but my average ping is about 170-200.
yeah it's stupid. I don't know why but i get ping spikes when i do stuff like put jayces acceleration gate down.

NoGoodInGoodbye

02-04-2013

I'm from NZ too but I don't know any different than having 200 ping so I'm just used to it.

thekous

02-04-2013

riot doesnt care

Razid

02-04-2013

Quit *****ing

Im from Eu and play on NA with 80-100 ping.

i have no problems

RQ Kiwi

02-04-2013

I was amazed at the feel of Dota2 when I played on their australian servers. Its a real difference going from 230 ping in league to 60 ping in Dota.

OP Pls Nerf

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razid View Post
Quit *****ing

Im from Eu and play on NA with 80-100 ping.

i have no problems
Literally too stupid to insult

Simplicitee

02-04-2013

NZ player here, know that feel. My average ping is about 220. 300+ is crippling, if not unplayable.

10/10 would like to play on green ping for once.