[Champion Concept]Lilly and Silas - The Controversial Couple

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dat Ignite Doe

02-04-2013

I had an idea for a League of Legends champion whilst working in the bakery at Safeway. It struck me that there were very few musically inclined champions in League of Legends, and my mind thought of a pair of champions who could fix this.

So, I introduce Lilly and Silas - The Controversial Couple!

I shall start with Lore, for the sake of setting the scene.

Lilly was once the leader of a coven of sweet-talking harlots, often swindling weaker men to do her bidding, and then ripping them of their money. She often times murdered them in their sleep and had her underlings get rid of the corpse. The Noxian High Command had felt wind of her deeds, and in order to get rid of her as a problem, forced her into military service as an apprentice under Katarina. Preferring to flirt, murder, and then ask questions later, her training was bitter and not very exciting as she loved to see the emotions of her victims pour out in their final moments.

After eight years of decidedly boring training under Katarina, she was finally given leave to work on her own. It was during this time she met Silas - or rather - attempted to murder him. She was assigned to eliminate a Demacian Noble, specifically, Silas of House Spiritmight. She watched him for months, following her training, but could not find a way to dispatch him without blowing her cover and failing the mission. Then, her past kicked in. Lilly began her old ways of flirtations with Silas, and this caught his eye immediately.

Silas knew she was not from Demacia - he could tell by her demeanor and the look in her eyes. This did not stop him from taking an interest in him though, because he quickly found himself in love with the unpredictable Lilly. His next actions proved to be beneficial to himself, as well as Lilly. He showed her compassion and caring - something she had never seen in the cruel reaches of Noxian borders. This stirred something deep down inside her, and caused her great pain and anguish. For the first time in her life, she did not want to kill a man, though she knew she must to please her Noxian overlords.

Silas kept opening doors in her heart, prodding with questions to learn more about her. Eventually, she broke down, slipped to her knees and burst into tears inside his home, explaining everything - including her mission. Silas, strong, yet tenderhearted, found true love inside her - something he had thought not possible from any Noxian scum. Instead of reporting her, or outright slaying her, Silas came to her level, wrapped his arms around her, and said, "That doesn't matter, because I love you." Lilly and Silas embraced the new-found love, and realized that their rivals are not as bad as they have been lead to believe.

Lilly and Silas have been together ever since, and have found through their adventures together their many inherent talents - Including Silas' passion for dancing, and Lilly's love of murder. Paired together, there is no finer way to die, than to die dancing your life away.

Skills:
Hidden: Whenever music is played near Lilly or Silas, they gain +1 attack damage, +1 armor, +1 magic resistance, and +1% movement speed.

Passive: Dancer's Dexterity: Every time Lilly and Silas use Shuffle, they gain +10% attack speed and +25% movement speed for 5 seconds.

Q: Shuffle:
Cooldown: 30/25/20/15/15
Switches movement control between Lilly and Silas, as well as which character casts spells. This spell also activates Lilly and Silas' passive. (Lilly and Silas can cast the same 3 spells, as well as shuffle. Which character casts the spell is dependent on which character is being controlled. Think of Shaco's clone, but with the ability to cast spells.)

W: Slide
Cooldown: 35
Mana cost: 40/55/65/80/100
Range: 525
Currently controlled character slides across the ground becoming untargetable during the duration of the slide. On collision with another unit, causes 50/100/150/200/250 (+ 75% attack damage + 25% ability power when cast as Lilly, +25% attack damage, + 75% ability power as Silas), knocking up and stunning the first unit it passes through, then slowing all others.

E: Charade
Cooldown: 25/23/21/19/16
Mana cost: 50
As Lilly, a dagger is thrown at target, dealing 75/100/125/150/175% attack damage and slowing their movement speed by 20% for 2/3/4/4/5 seconds.

As Silas, the target is charmed for 2/3/3/3/4 seconds and walks towards Silas. If the target attacks Silas within 2.5 seconds after the charm, the target takes 50/75/100/125/150% of ability power in magic damage.

R: Dance of Death
Cooldown: 100/80/60
Mana cost: 125
Range: 700
On cast, a band appears from the ground around Silas or Lilly to play music (Hence the reason for the gold cost.) All characters within 700 range must dance(same as /dance) for 2/3.5/5 seconds. This includes friendly and enemy players. Dancing Champions are unable to take any action (skill, movement, item, attack, summoner spells, and b, though they can chat) until the time is up. If Lilly or Silas are killed during this time, the dancing, and music, stops. This skill activates Lilly and Silas' passive.

Hidden passive: If Sona or any Pentakill-skinned champions are within range, they play music.

Lilly and Silas have 800 range before they must return, much like Shaco's close, or Annie's Tibburs. This allows Silas(or Lilly) to use the ultimate, and then still autoattack as Lilly (or Silas).

Starting stats:

Health: 440
Health Regen: +0.6
Mana: 200
Mana Regen: +0.6
Attack Range: 125
Attack damage: 52 (+2.6 per level)
Attack Speed: .5 (because there are two characters who can attack at the same time)
Armor: 13
Magic resistance: 30
Movement speed: 360

Now, for character design, I suck. Seriously, bad. I cannot draw, and am in no way artistic.

Lilly is Noxian, and dresses that way. Silas is Demacian, and dresses in that way. White and Black color scheme would be appropriate for a default skin.

Let me know what you think, because I'd like to see my idea on the scoreboards one day.
If you have any questions on the mechanics, feel free to ask.
-Psychrom

Dat Ignite Doe

02-05-2013

bump because I would like some feedback.

Dzanio

02-06-2013

Passive: the secondary passive (AD/MR/ARMOR/MS) is a bit rediculous, I'd make this a secret passive (i.e. Nid's cougar buff) and reduce the buff to + 1 (flat) to all of them. Could call it something like "musicians guild."

Q: Are the cds seperate between the two forms or shared? I'd make this into an ultimate and have the champion be like Jayce/Nid/Elise; able to shift between an AD oriented form and an AP oriented form. Then I'd significantly reduce the cd on it, and reduce the buff duration of the passive.

W: I'd make the slide distance a flat amount, and set a duration to the invuln frames.

E: I'd make the taunt a charm simply because the taunt mechanic works well for tanks, but is bad for squishies. CC duration is much too high, and I'd remove the fear. Alternatively just make it a fear w/ a 1-2 second duration.

R: I don't like the gold cost aspect of the ability, it seems too constrictive. Ability seems pretty troll, not a big fan of it.

Dat Ignite Doe

02-06-2013

Thank you Dzanio.

Passive: Changed because after looking at it, I kind of agree.

Q: The cooldown is shared, it's just to switch which spot the spell is cast from. Imagine shaco being able to cast his spells from both his copy and himself. This skill selects which character to cast spells from. Also, if one of the characters becomes incapacitated, then this ability becomes unusable. If Silas dies, then only Lilly's skillset is available. I'm thinking of mechanics here mostly.

W: Changed to a flat amount, but the untargetable section should stay, because it's much like Fizz's Playful/Trickster. The distance would be covered too quickly for this to really be a problem, and it would be beneficial for the survival of Lilly and Silas.

E: I like your idea, changed to charm, nerfed the CC as you said, and removed the fear. Added 2.5 seconds to the end of the charm for the magic damage application - since it will be useless with a charm.

R: Removed gold cost. Nerfed stun time to 2/3.5/5. This character is meant to inject some hilarity to the game.

Dzanio

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychrom View Post
Thank you Dzanio.

Passive: Changed because after looking at it, I kind of agree.

Q: The cooldown is shared, it's just to switch which spot the spell is cast from. Imagine shaco being able to cast his spells from both his copy and himself. This skill selects which character to cast spells from. Also, if one of the characters becomes incapacitated, then this ability becomes unusable. If Silas dies, then only Lilly's skillset is available. I'm thinking of mechanics here mostly.

W: Changed to a flat amount, but the untargetable section should stay, because it's much like Fizz's Playful/Trickster. The distance would be covered too quickly for this to really be a problem, and it would be beneficial for the survival of Lilly and Silas.

E: I like your idea, changed to charm, nerfed the CC as you said, and removed the fear. Added 2.5 seconds to the end of the charm for the magic damage application - since it will be useless with a charm.

R: Removed gold cost. Nerfed stun time to 2/3.5/5. This character is meant to inject some hilarity to the game.
Q: so you have to kill both Silas and Lilly to actually get a champ kill? This seems a bit OP. Do they have reduced health or anything to compensate?

W: Fizz's Playful/Trickster stats that the maximum duration of the invuln frames is .75 seconds.

E: The charm duration is really high; the damage is reasonable but would be better if you gave it a base amount and then somewhat lower scaling (makes it useful early game).

R: Well if hilarity is what you want then go for it.

Dat Ignite Doe

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzanio View Post
Q: so you have to kill both Silas and Lilly to actually get a champ kill? This seems a bit OP. Do they have reduced health or anything to compensate?

W: Fizz's Playful/Trickster stats that the maximum duration of the invuln frames is .75 seconds.

E: The charm duration is really high; the damage is reasonable but would be better if you gave it a base amount and then somewhat lower scaling (makes it useful early game).

R: Well if hilarity is what you want then go for it.

Q: Yes, and yes, Silas and Lilly have 1/2 the health bar to their name. This character would have two health bars, one for each. an item with +1000 health would have +500 for each character.

W: That should be perfect for the slide too, so it should be incorporated.

E: This confuses me, give me an example?

R: Sometimes, hilarity is something that is needed, just because you can.

Dzanio

02-08-2013

Q: Ok then, that seems fine.
E:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Ahri

Currently the only champ w/ a charm. Typically mid champs have cc abilities which last around 2 seconds and deal moderate to high damage. Lux's q could also be looked at for numbers.