How do I play with the blue-skin lightning guy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Mana

02-04-2013

Hi everyone. I'm excited to try out this game. I finished the tutorial first with a lady archer and then with the blue-skin guy that uses lightning. I really like using the second guy. However, there's a problem. When the game put me into the beginner practice game, I couldn't find him. I want to play him again, but he doesn't show up anymore.

Any suggestions?

Oriors

02-04-2013

thats kinda confusing, but i think you need to unlock him. his name is Ryze

Zisi

02-04-2013

The only champions that are available to you are the ones that happen to be free (the free selection changes every week) and the champions that you buy with ip or rp.

Fortunately, most of the really good champions are fairly inexpensive. I'm guessing the blue skined guy you are referring to is Ryze, hes one of the cheapest champions at only 450 ip, so basically play about 3 games and you'll have him. He also happens to be extremely good, one of the top mid lane champions in the game, you see him very frequently played in championships, etc.

Basically don't assume that the less expensive champs are worse. For the most part its actually the other way around.

If your looking for an adc like Ashe (the archer chick) I would recommend Caitlyn, for a new player her mechanics are way easier to handle than ashe's. Though ashe is quite cheap. I really don't understand why they tend to route new players twords Ashe, shes so easy to play badly.

Dr Mana

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zisi View Post
The only champions that are available to you are the ones that happen to be free (the free selection changes every week) and the champions that you buy with ip or rp.

Fortunately, most of the really good champions are fairly inexpensive. I'm guessing the blue skined guy you are referring to is Ryze, hes one of the cheapest champions at only 450 ip, so basically play about 3 games and you'll have him. He also happens to be extremely good, one of the top mid lane champions in the game, you see him very frequently played in championships, etc.

Basically don't assume that the less expensive champs are worse. For the most part its actually the other way around.

If your looking for an adc like Ashe (the archer chick) I would recommend Caitlyn, for a new player her mechanics are way easier to handle than ashe's. Though ashe is quite cheap. I really don't understand why they tend to route new players twords Ashe, shes so easy to play badly.
Ah okay. Thanks for your help. For some reason, I can play Ryze again. It's weird. The champion choices changed. I'm so glad I can use him! Also, what does "adc" and what do you mean by "buy with 'ip' or 'rp'"? I thought this game was free. I'm so confused.

Teen Gohan

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Mana View Post
Ah okay. Thanks for your help. For some reason, I can play Ryze again. It's weird. The champion choices changed. I'm so glad I can use him! Also, what does "adc" and what do you mean by "buy with 'ip' or 'rp'"? I thought this game was free. I'm so confused.
The game as a whole is a free to play game, meaning it does not cost anything to play the game itself. However there is an in-game currency system called Influence Points or "ip" for short. It allows you to buy characters, runes, and rune pages for free, but you have to earn them within the game by playing it.

There is also these things called Riot Points or "rp" for short. you can pay real money online (or buy cards in the store) that give you points to let you buy champions and special skins for those champions.

hope this helped

Fs Son0fSilas

02-05-2013

^ as was stated, there is a free rotation each week. So, unless you buy him, next week Monday he will no longer be available to you until the next time he goes on rotation.

He is rather cheap (costing no more than 600 IP I believe) so I would go ahead and buy him. If you like mages also consider playing Annie-The Dark Child. She is also very cheap.

If you are planing on spending money on this game, you can purchase a champion pack that features many of the champions released during beta. There are three to pick from, and I believe you get about 30 champions.

ADC means attack damage carry, and usually refers to a ranged auto-attacker. This includes Ashe-the Frost Archer.

After every game you earn IP (influence points), you use these to. Purchase runes, champions, and other things. You can pay real money for the game and RP (Riot Points) and then spend them on skins for said champions as well as purchasing them without having to wait to earn IP. Spending real worrld money does not give any noticeable advantage, as RUNES (which give aditional stats) can only be bought with points earned, IP.

OriginalJack

02-05-2013

Also adc stands for Attack Damage Carry. It's a character that starts out kind of weak but gets much stronger late game when they have all their items. Their role on the team is to provide the consistantly high damage (usually through auto attacks) that's needed to close a game out. There are technically two types of adcs melee ADCs and ranged ADCs but when somebody just says ADC by itself you should assume they mean ranged adc.

Example adc champs: Ashe, Sivir, Tristana, Caitlyn... and several others

(aww man I got ninja'd)

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-05-2013

You 'unlock' champions for use with either Influence Points (earned by playing games, 100% free here) or with Riot Points ($$$, you can get some cosmetics/convenience with money, but not actual power).

(Does it count as being ninja'ed if you spend 30+ minutes in a game trying to find a bug while the thread is open, then come back to it later?)

OriginalJack

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
(Does it count as being ninja'ed if you spend 30+ minutes in a game trying to find a bug while the thread is open, then come back to it later?)
I want to say yes but I keep hesitating because I think somebody else might say it first... the ninjas are everywhere (O_O)

Dr Mana

02-05-2013

I will unlock Ryze when I have enough IP for him. I'll also look into getting Annie later. She looks fun to try out!

Thank you everyone for your help. I really like this community. It's so much better than WoW. Everyone is nice, friendly, and supportive.