How to handle abusive teammates?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Revo Of Broa

02-04-2013

It's going too far, time and time again i make a single mistake, and immediately there's always that one random guy that feels the need to insult you about it.

Seriously, personally, i am one that enjoys this game, win or lose, suck or not, i don't intentionally feed or anything, and quite often when a teammate isn't pissing on me i do decent enough, but as soon as they mutter an insult, i have to sit there at the spawn pool asking why.
And then they ask why i am just standing there, not helping.
I was certainly helping when i wasn't being insulted over a game.

I would love to mute them, but then they could just as easily report me for refusal to communicate. So often or not, i get to sit there and read insult after insult, and despite my best efforts, do they stop? NO.
Alt f4, then i go lift some weights before i have a heart attack from rage.

At this point, i don't care if the team reports me, i can't stand just sitting there and being pissed on, so i ask you, what are you supposed to do in such situations? I definitely wouldn't want to be leaving a game from this day forth, but what other way is there?

TL;DR: Your teammate is rude, and it drives you crazy, what do you do?

theplague1369

02-04-2013

I generally don't say anything, it might not be the best approach, but if i start an argument( i say start because it was just them being rude before, and i think it takes two to argue a point,) Then it might ruin any goodwill i had with the other three people on my team, and some people might just do like i do and get rattled when the team starts to argue amongst themselves, i try to promote team play, so if i get mad and yell back i'm just getting baited into an argument that win or lose, might affect my team for the worse. Some people try to argue back, and can't contain rage, and i understand that, but it isn't how i want to do things, if someone is struggling, i think it is better to give them help than to just throw up your hands and yell "Noobs ruined my game" If you are doing your best to help your team, then i dont think you deserve blame, although just leaving in middle of a game might not be the best route to take.

Curo Arcane

02-04-2013

Mute them. They are not interested in communicating with the team if they are insulting people on said team. You won't get reported for that. Simply mute them and report at the end of the game. They will just keep talking and looking stupid and eventually the rest of your team will turn on them. If you fight back, which I have learned the hard way, the team will turn on you instead. Nobody is going to report you for ignoring a flamer.

Always remember this: those who insult others are themselves insecure. Those who complain about their teammates being "bad" are 90% of the time worse players themselves. They don't know how to play properly, refuse to learn, and feel better by externalizing anything negative. In their eyes, it's always someone else's fault, or the enemy champs are op, or the game has bugs, etc.

If someone plays poorly, you can offer them advice once. If they do not respond kindly, know that they will never listen, they will never agree, and they will only get worse the more they talk. And guess what, you'll get worse too if you talk to them. So try once, maybe there was a misunderstanding. Beyond that, mute and if necessary, report.

Natasha Wong

02-04-2013

No idea but Solo Ranked has a bunch of abuse right now.

Out of 6 games today only two of them went with decent players, the rest I had to deal with people insulting others and I told them to stop or I would mute the team instead all they did was Ping Spam, Call my mate a ******, I don't have time for that bs, and feed the begining of the game which left me in a tight spot of like 10 Deaths unable to really do anything at all.

Players forcing others ot play support, or this stupid Meta because they think they are right, in fact I let a KogMaw have all the farms because he wanted to play ADC so bad guess what he failed, because he had more gold and couldn't carry, I was useless unable to deal any good damage because other lanes fed and by feed feeding can be as much as 2 kills ahead on a champ than X person or two levels that can mean a big difference between 2 hitting someone and 5 hitting someone.

Seriously I know all these players are reporting me for muting them and chances of actually getting suspended by a tribunal I don't know but I know the logs will show exactly that these players are the ones being Abusive, and that I have not said a single swear word in any of my games, ( All Matches Are Recorded.)

I think the new Rank Up System is stupid riot it shouldn't be based on Wins especially for solo/duo it needs to be based on an actual players stats or something doing it by wins there is just no way. or very hard to pull off. I have tried all day to get 5 or 10 wins in a row to get ranked up just not going to happen because there is always that one troll ruining a game.

InFamousD147

02-04-2013

Your advice is good, unfortunately it doesnt work in all cases, but I think the solution you present is the best I have seen. Not only that with nothing being absolute I am sure this advice would really minimize a negative outcome. Nice reply. : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo Arcane View Post
Mute them. They are not interested in communicating with the team if they are insulting people on said team. You won't get reported for that. Simply mute them and report at the end of the game. They will just keep talking and looking stupid and eventually the rest of your team will turn on them. If you fight back, which I have learned the hard way, the team will turn on you instead. Nobody is going to report you for ignoring a flamer.

Always remember this: those who insult others are themselves insecure. Those who complain about their teammates being "bad" are 90% of the time worse players themselves. They don't know how to play properly, refuse to learn, and feel better by externalizing anything negative. In their eyes, it's always someone else's fault, or the enemy champs are op, or the game has bugs, etc.

If someone plays poorly, you can offer them advice once. If they do not respond kindly, know that they will never listen, they will never agree, and they will only get worse the more they talk. And guess what, you'll get worse too if you talk to them. So try once, maybe there was a misunderstanding. Beyond that, mute and if necessary, report.

Natasha Wong

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFamousD147 View Post
Your advice is good, unfortunately it doesnt work in all cases, but I think the solution you present is the best I have seen. Not only that with nothing being absolute I am sure this advice would really minimize a negative outcome. Nice reply. : )
The problem however is with muting a team for being annoying in any way they threaten reports and usually I end up getting reported but I end up reporting them as well if they are toxic = we all get banned by someone who doesn't know what the F happend in the tribunal and get punished even if you really didn't do anything that deserved a hard punishment even for something very minor like our team was doing so bad I said GG before the game ended and well the problem is I said GG early they will likely spam punish just for saying GG because honestly everyone in the game was trolling and feeding to the start we just got very lucky.

I have seen players punished just for saying GG early.

I was even in a ranked game I asked wha they wanted me to play because I do two champs mid, and I choose the one they say the other player threatens to report me before the game starts then rage dodges because he doesnt like the pick.