Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Semar

02-03-2013

I am an old player from over a year ago and am starting to get back into the game just now. I was never any good back then, and have realized that has not changed. I am looking for some help in getting better. I can tell you now I am not easy to teach. I tend to have tunnel vision and not pay attention to things I probably should, but I know my faults, and want to get better. I am trying to get into playing Darius, my new favorite champion. If anyone has any words of advice, or would like to play a game or two with me, let me know.

Semar

02-04-2013

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

workthecorners

02-04-2013

dont get tunnel vision

ward

call afks

kill teemo

MicKretz

02-04-2013

first thing you can do to better your game is learn to CS and after that learn to TRADE and how to make good TRADES and what BAD trades are (and dont do those)

those 2 things will help you out early in your lane and you can practice those in BOT games or Custom games

after that you should learn the warding spots for the lanes you play in so you can avoid getting ganked and missing out on the first two things mentioned above

enjoyz and gl

Semar

02-04-2013

Thank you so much. I appreciate the help. I know this will make me sound even more noobish than I already do, but what trades? I am getting pretty good in Co-Op vs AI with Darius, but that is easy mode. Is intermediate any more of a challenge to practice first, or should I just jump right into it and just ignore the flamers?

adc

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semar View Post
Thank you so much. I appreciate the help. I know this will make me sound even more noobish than I already do, but what trades? I am getting pretty good in Co-Op vs AI with Darius, but that is easy mode. Is intermediate any more of a challenge to practice first, or should I just jump right into it and just ignore the flamers?
A few things - first, don't take anything I say the wrong way. I'm not trying to be an ass or make you feel like a piece of ****, I just don't often feel like being tactful.

Second, I honestly think you should just give up with coop versus ai. Dive straight into PVP. Yes, you're not good and you're going to get trashed a LOT before you get better. Yes, you're going to get *****ed and raged at by other players (generally smurfs) who seem to think them being level 22 entitles them to ***** at other new players. But PVP gives so much better practice - any and all of my level 30 friends could go 25/0 against bots, simply because of how bad they are.

Third, an example of a trade is this: I'm top lane as Darius (top lane is a solo lane), and the enemy hero is Nidalee. Nidalee uses her skills on me and does 30% of my health. I use my skills on her and do 30% of her health. This is an "even" trade, and depending on a whole bunch of other factors can be worth it or not. Had Nidalee done more damage than you, she would have "won" the trade. Had she done less, she would have "lost" the trade.

Fourth, I generally suggest getting competent at this list of things:

Warding. Try to always have a ward or two if you can, and to keep your lane warded.
CSing. 200 CS at 20 minutes against no opposition.
Positioning. Know where you're supposed to be and be there.
Map awareness. Know where the enemy team is based on what you can see and what you can't see on the map. This is key to doing well.

Do away with your MIAs. They're a crutch for bad players, and only a luxury for good ones. If you have breathing room, feel free to call one - however, don't think it's important.

Semar

02-04-2013

Thanks even more. I was doing some research on what trading mean, and got a bunch of websites that people trade their accounts on, lol. I kind of figured that was about what it meant, but I wanted to make sure. I didn't take anything personally. I try not to take criticism poorly because it is to help me become a better player. Thanks to everyone for all your help. It is greatly appreciated!