Nasus Jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Irishlawyer

02-01-2013

So I thought that with the new season 3 update and the buff to Nasus, would it make him a decent jungler?
His passive, q and e make taking out camps easy, and his w and ult make ganks not only easy but effective
What thinks the part of the community that relatively new to the game, as I am?

Pobbes

02-01-2013

Nasus jungle has been around. It is not very effective. You don't get as much Q farm as a lane, but you can make him an effective tank. Nasus just isn't highly popular because his kit's utility is kind of low for ganking. His W is effective, but he is a melee without a gap closer which is crippling. Also, he doesn't have an amazingly strong teamfight presence either. His greatest effectiveness is peeling for the carry, which the support does a better job of or killing the enemy squishies which many jungle assassins do better than Nasus. That's why he primarily does better in lane where he can be fed a little more since itemization is very key to Nasus.

Still, if you don't need to gank as much for your lanes. Nasus does jungle farm fairly well, and it is possible he can farm enough to earn a gold and level advantage against a more gank focused jungler. It would be a risky strategy though that would play well to later team fights.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

I gave it a try today - he has a reasonable clear as far as survivability, but it's very slow. His ganks can be effective, but I felt like my map presence was very weak. By the time I'd successfully ganked one lane, the other jungler had already hit the other two lanes and put them behind, and when I'd get around to them, it'd be too late, AND he'd have undone whatever advantage I gave to the lane I ganked.

Maybe it's that I spent too much time in the jungle ensuring I landed my Qs properly, and if I spent more time on him, I'd find a better balance between farming and ganking to increase my map presence without sacrificing much farm, but ultimately, my conclusion is that there are much better jungle options out there, which is a shame because I really like Nasus and wanted to bring him back.

While it's true that the 3.01 patch makes him alot more viable in terms of keeping up with farm in the jungle, the effort needed, especially early before you have CDR items, to farm his Q properly really slows him down, and that can put your team too far behind to recover.

In fairness, I only played two games with him, and both games featured mid laners that wanted to feed, so my assessment may be slanted by that.

You're welcome to try him, and see if you have better results, but I wouldn't bring him to ranked solo queues without extensive experience in normals.

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Friend who did that. Says it's OP for farming. Nasus has always had not too bad ganking. More testing needed.

HooperKid

02-02-2013

With the buff to q where it gives 6 points for big creeps, could that alleviate some of his issues as far as not getting as much q farm in the jungle since now it gives twice as much once a camp?

Pobbes

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooperKid View Post
With the buff to q where it gives 6 points for big creeps, could that alleviate some of his issues as far as not getting as much q farm in the jungle since now it gives twice as much once a camp?
TBH, yes, I think it makes a big difference. Especially, for clear times. Nasus clears are pretty slow as is, and waiting to farm his Q makes it even worse. Doubling the bonus for the big camps probably makes it more forgiving for nasus not to farm Q on every camp so long as he makes sure to Q the boss camp.

Dusterbia

02-04-2013

*Disclaimer; I don't play ranked.*
But for what it's worth, I have never lost a game when I was jungling Nasus. I think you guys are focusing too much on trying to stack his 'Q' in jungle. Try maxing his 'W' first. His 'R' tankiness and ability to tower dive, cause any unsucessful ganks early game to not really set the team back. Overall its his late game presence that Nasus really begins to shine. Get those easy 'Q' stacks then. And you'll see the high damage tank Nasus is supposed to be.

Ippii

02-04-2013

Nasus is truly a jungler, i personally can solo dragon at 12-15 minutes. And baron at about 30 ish minutes. Nasus is one of those guys that does very well with advanced jungle items.