Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

(Character Concept) Unan, the Old One

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HBAFreightTrain

02-03-2013

Once, a long time ago, the denizens of the Void tried to take over this world. But for a handful of true heroes, this world would now be part of the Void. Unan is the last of those heroes. His body does not age but his mind is now filled with centuries of memories, many of them as horrific as you can imagine. He took refuge from the world of man, training for the day that the Void would return again. A brave warrior made his way to the cave Unan called home and told him of the creature Cho'Gath. Nightmares overcame Unan briefly as memories flooded time of the evil creatures.

"Old one, what can we do against the denizens of the Void?" the warrior asked.

Unan's eyes flashed with white light against the ebony black of his skin.

"Kill them all, of course." Unan said.

Unan is dressed in a white robe covered with magical runes that made it stronger than steel but feel like silk. His eyes are pure white and white magical energy extends from them. His weapon is a short staff made from the shell of a creature like Cho'gath and the head of the staff is a gem of pure light made solid. Unan's magic prevents the growth of hair on his body so he is bald and lacks eyebrows.

His auto-attack range is 550. He fires a bolt of white light as his auto-attack.

Passive: Unan's staff - Dealing damage with Unan's staff gives it a charge. When the staff reaches two charges, the next auto attack becomes a powerful beam of light that sears through everything it goes through and doubles it's range. 1.0AD + 0.6AP dmg which is reduced by 10% for every target it hits with a minimum dmg of 30%. It removes all charges when it fires the laser.

Q - The Hand - Unan extends his arm and a magical white hand deals damage and knocks targets back in front of him. Range: 550 Dmg is 50/90/130/170/210 + 0.6AP. It works the same way Thresh's E does but it only pushes them away.

W - The Jump - Unan jumps and magical white feet cushion his landing and deal damage to foes. 40/80/120/160/200 dmg + 0.6 AP. Range: 400 Unan can jump over walls.

E - The Bat - Unan slams a bat of white magic on an champion. If the champion is friendly, it heals 40/70/100/130/160 + 0.4 AP damage. If the champion is an enemy, his attack speed is lowered by 30/45/60/75/90% and he is silenced for three seconds.

R - The Smackdown - Unan's magical hand grabs the leg of a champion within 400 of him and slams him to the grounds three times suppressing the enemy champion for 3 seconds and dealing 8% of the targets maximum health per hit.

Taunts:
1) I will lay the smackdown on your candy...rear
2) It was so kind of Morello to loan me his bat. Let me show you what it does.

Jokes:
1) Talk to the Hand
2) Since my skin changed, I can jump so much higher
3) Charging my laser! (animation shows the staff glowing white and firing a harmless one)

Laugh - It's terrifying. You'll hear it once and you'll never do it again.

Dance - Martial arts dance with white hands and feet allowing him to do fun stuff.

He's an AP mid with some personality. He has poke, a knockback, a jump, a nerf bat, and a powerful suppress. I want to make him resourceless with cooldowns but I'm not sure how long those cooldowns should be. Taking suggestions on that.

Looking for ideas to improve Unan. If I like them, I'll add them to the OP.

SephirothWontDie

Recruiter

02-03-2013

I love the idea of using the nerf bat. XD I would like to say that taunt 1 is really close to the original saying, making 1 word the whole difference(which isn't much). jokes are fun. but the sound of his kit and quotes.... it just doesn't say "Old One" to me. its a neat concept thought.

HBAFreightTrain

02-03-2013

He's so old that he acts like a kid. You know you grow up, get responsible, and then when you get old enough, you start to act irresponsible again. He's ancient.

Formless

02-04-2013

He seems like a pretty cool champ idea.

You did very well on describing his appearance. It doesn't get too close to any of the other champions except for Zilian who is the only "old timer" in the league so far.

While his passive does sound pretty cool, I see a problems with it. The problem I see is the amount of charges needed. I feel that four or five charges would be less over powered but would still make it feel good to use. If it was kept at two charges the enemy champion would have to spend the laneing phase guessing which minion you are going to bean so he wont be in the way.

Looking over his abilities, I don't really understand how The Jump and The Bat will play well into his kit as a mid. He seems to build more as a support to me than anything else with his Q and E. I would suggest maybe rethinking the W and E to something more fitting of a mid character or adding a slow to the W to make it more viable.

In the lore you paint him to be an extremely powerful mage. However his abilities don't really reflect his experience or his magical prowess. If you could state in the lore how his magic works, i.e he channels power to enhance his own movements into magical force or something, then his kit might make a bit more sense. Just fine tune a few things and you'll have a pretty great champion concept here.

If you have the time I would appreciate it if you took a look at my champion http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2489172&page=2

HBAFreightTrain

02-04-2013

To be clear, the laser fires on every third shot. First shot gets a charge. Second shot gets a charge. Third shot is the laser and clears the charges. Every third hit hurts much in the flavor of a Vayne, Jax, or Annie. Adding a visual indicator so that Unan's opponent knows the laser is fully charged is a good idea. The laser is his poke tool but it's also a laser: easily dodged by moving left or right. It's not Lux's ultimate on a stick. It's the same width of his autoattack but it looks like a laser and goes through stuff.

Unan has combos that will remind you of Jayce games. Unan has long-range poke (his lasers) that can wear you down. If you get too low on health, Unan jumps on you and hits you with the Hand to finish you. After six, he adds the smackdown to his arsenal. Which means if you're below half-health and in range, you're probably dead.

The Bat is actually his escape tool. If he's in trouble, he hits them with the nerf bat and runs away. He can use it on himself for desperation healing as well. In team fights, the Bat is how Unan contributes, effectively CCing an opponent for three seconds.

I will make it clear that his white magic extends parts of his body and tools. The bat is actually a white magic extension of his staff. The hand is a white magic extension of his actual hand. The jump uses a white magic extension of his feet. He's a white mage in a body permanently turned black by the evil of the void. As such, he can heal, silence, and knockback people.

Yes, the way I designed him also allows him to play support. It wasn't intentional but it's a good idea. Creating a white mage does tend to make one think of a support character. When I get the time, I'll do some adjusting on the OP and check out your champion. Thanks for the feedback

HBAFreightTrain

02-06-2013

Charging my laser!

HBAFreightTrain

02-07-2013

I will be writing a fanfiction for Unan in the future. Will be working on developing this concept further, adding cooldowns, and making this a truly viable option for Riot to make as a champion.

HBAFreightTrain

02-09-2013

Talk to the Hand!

HBAFreightTrain

02-10-2013

Bump!

HBAFreightTrain

02-16-2013

Hit some writer's block on the fanfiction. Give me some time to finish it