Bronze, is Broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoudFootSteps

02-10-2013

You know what happens in Bronze, at least for me? Two things:
1. Win lane, lose game.
2. Lose lane, win game.

What I think happens:
Me losing lane: Sht, I better CS better and gank for some better gold. *Gets 2 kills and gets CS like crazy* Oh look, I am back in the game.
Other people losing lane: Fck this , I lost. It's not like I could recover from this anyway.

Seriously, there is no other way this could happen ALL the time.

TheFakeSit

02-10-2013

Just because you win lane phase doesn't mean you deserve to win the game. Have you ever considered that you're not that good past the 20 minute mark either? Elo hell doesn't exist. If you're at that league, there's a reason. If Elo hell didn't exist, there wouldn't be people who do Elo boosting. Just think about it.

The enemy team has 5 people who potentially don't know how to play late game. (ASSUMING YOU'RE A PRO) your team only has 4. You can do the basic math.

Tadeyoshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

I found this video in another thread, it is very helpful and clear up any misconceptions about the new ranked system. It's a six minute video and is worth the time to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zdG-FzA5-A

Apart

02-11-2013

learn to carry then
mid or jungle to have presence in all lanes

High0nP0tenuse

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSeCKSx View Post
You won't get out of bronze tier because you blame the system, not recognizing your mistakes or potential for improvement.
this isnt really true i didnt really beleive the system was broken until i went up to the bronze iv tier. yes i know it low but the facts remain. i win 5 games ina row and recieved only 27 points. i then lose one and lost 25 points. i won 3 more in a row and had 17 points lost one and dropped to zero. does this seem right to anyone. how can i go 8 and 2 and have 0 points. since i have won 3 games in a row and i have 15 points. if i lose one and i will probaly drop to 0 points. if that happens it will be 11 and 3 0 points. isnt this a good record at bronze 4??? how is it worth 0 points?

Demon Sentinel

02-17-2013

Ive started playing ranked, and only last month did I get lvl 30. I got stuck in bronze league after losing 10 games in a row. I almost always win my lane, and i almost always lose. My advice, NEVER DO SOLO QUE, its a joke waiting to happen. Find a decent friend and enter DUO QUE.

Echo5kw

02-17-2013

These threads are filled with the tears of ******s who don't want to help their team.

Sheldor73

02-18-2013

If you are stuck at an Elo it's where you should be playing; not everyone can be high Elo; the Elo system is not about progressing its about finding where you fit in with the rest of the lol community. My friend was moaning about Elo hell after a 9 game losing streak and so I showed him how if you know what you're doing you can easily get out of bronze v. After a 5 game win streak playing champs such as ap Alastair, ap Warwick, ap zilean, poppy and hecarim (all midlane) and stomping the opposition he saw how true it was; sure my teammates were bad but the opposition were equally bad. If you are as good a player as you say breaking out of bronze Elo should not be a mission at all regardless of how bad all your feeding teammates are.
Tldr; Elo hell not real
(I did not boost his account; he is still in bronze v )

Solo Lane Terror

DerkDerkistan

02-18-2013

I'm finding it very "easy" to climb out of Bronze (although I haven't moved very far at all). Started Bronze 2, dropped down to 3 because of a losing streak (some troll games, some games where we flat got outplayed), then easily moved back up to 2. I'm getting 27 LP for a win, so moving to Bronze 1 shouldn't be too hard, either.

The thing people need to understand is, when you have fewer games played, the pendulum swings hard both ways. It isn't until you have a huge amount of games played that it begins to narrow down where you're supposed to be at.

Just keep plugging away. As you get better, you'll find it easier and easier to climb out. The random troll factor will eventually even itself out in the long term (you'll encounter a roughly equal number of trolls on the enemy team as you end up with on your own team).