Bronze, is Broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grundle69

Member

02-04-2013

I find it hard to believe that in 12 consecutive games you had a clear advantage from the beginning. I think this is a case of just trying to find a scapegoat for a collectively bad performance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grundle69

Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikailMikail View Post
I find the new Patch 3.01 is not very nice (rather... horrible) for the Ranked Game.

For a MAJOR REASON = POINT DEDUCTION FOR LOSSING

Firstly the main aim for the game is to make people play more not less.
With the point system in ranked that it currently using it reduces points for lossing. Now if you think in a Neutral state of mind that all players are not going to work together as a team originally. Then if they lose the game because of a team mate and you penalize them even more for playing a game to their best but because of others they get deducted also?? That is like adding salt to the wound.
Players will be discouraged.

Now if you say it helps prevent all players from advancing too fast then the point system in lossing should not be so drastic that it puts players off.

Instead they could have done some thing like this:
If you win a game in rank : 15 points
If you lose a game in rank 5 points deduction

With this set up you encourage players to play more and those who lost a game because of not their fault or other players not as skilled as they are.

I hope LOL staff will take this into consideration. I am not playing rank game any more until this has been amanded
This game is rooted in competition, there needs to be a system in place that rewards players for winning, and conversely for losing. If your butt hurt when you lose LP then go play a non competitive 5's or 3's match


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Interface53

Junior Member

02-04-2013

I was in bronze when this new system came to be. I knew I'm at least a tier 1 silver player however. And I carried myself singehandly out of bronze as support. I think I lost 2 games out of around 12 - 14. Feed your ADc until lvl 6 ish then gets boots of mobility and help out other lanes( I was using leona) or if ur a bruiser type just constantly push towers, noobs always go mid and team fight at like 15 minutes not doing any objectives. The 1 clown they do send to deal with u just kill him or back away when entire team come. They normally leave you to free farm and push lanes though because their map awareness sucks. If u can't do this you belong at bronze


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OriginalJack

Senior Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interface53 View Post
I was in bronze when this new system came to be. I knew I'm at least a tier 1 silver player however. And I carried myself singehandly out of bronze as support. I think I lost 2 games out of around 12 - 14. Feed your ADc until lvl 6 ish then gets boots of mobility and help out other lanes( I was using leona) or if ur a bruiser type just constantly push towers, noobs always go mid and team fight at like 15 minutes not doing any objectives. The 1 clown they do send to deal with u just kill him or back away when entire team come. They normally leave you to free farm and push lanes though because their map awareness sucks. If u can't do this you belong at bronze
OP I would advise you to compare what you are doing to what Interface is doing. Look at the items he buys, the runes he uses and the mastery pages he uses, they are completely different than yours and he is winning but you are not yet somehow you think matchmaking is the problem...

edit: actually I want to just highlight one particular thing in his match history. His low death count. This is telling me that Interface is playing a lot safer than you do and it's translating to wins.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArCblizz

Junior Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyknowsyou View Post
Riot's response: try harder

but in all seriousness, sorry to hear that man. Just try to find the most broken champion and abuse it. That's sadly the way this game is set up if you want to win.
I love your reply man! glad there are some good people in this community


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinetyNineTails

Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dProphetd View Post
All the tribunal cases are about verbal abuse. Just click punish for free IP. Basically a complete joke.
Tribunal hasn't given IP rewards for months. But you're right about the 'complete joke' part. And by 'complete joke', I mean your credibility.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solemendal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-04-2013

>.> i have no issues winning maybe its your mmr get some games under your belt


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeCKS Egai

Senior Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJack View Post
OP I would advise you to compare what you are doing to what Interface is doing. Look at the items he buys, the runes he uses and the mastery pages he uses, they are completely different than yours and he is winning but you are not yet somehow you think matchmaking is the problem...

edit: actually I want to just highlight one particular thing in his match history. His low death count. This is telling me that Interface is playing a lot safer than you do and it's translating to wins.
Looking at the rune pages alone - that definitely needs work. While runes aren't necessarily going to make or break you, they are an indicator of one's understanding of the game mechanics. None of your pages really offer an efficient bonus and mix runes without actually having them serve a purpose. .33% cd is less than 1%. You waste 2 slots on that alone.

My guess is your team is lacking in wards and since you're often in a support role running a tank that you are struggling to get your items as is, let alone wards on top.

Ultimately you probably got into ranked earlier than you should have, as you would probably have done better if you had more normal pvp experience, as well as the champ selection and rune pages to go with it.

With that said - the worse your teammates are, the better you should be at knowing what to do to help them win.

For example, running a tank in the support role rarely works out well. The support sacrifices potential income for the sake of the adc (generally speaking) and as such is going to be the weakest champion when the teamfights come around. Even if you win your lane, you're likely be unable to take a few hits, and the tanks already are significantly weaker as is in season 3.

Your understanding of items could also use some improvement, but really there are plenty of ways you can improve that you simply need to recognize and work on.

You can't control your teammates, and you can't win every single game. However, you can improve your own gameplay and your teams overall chance of winning. People who always write off losses as their teammates fault fail to improve because they never recognize the errors in their own game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BaNaNa maC NuTT

Junior Member

02-04-2013

This game is ****ed up. They screwed the rank system even more. The bad players that are elo are stucked in with the same tier with you so what's going to happen! They are gonna do the same **** over and over and playing like a **** hole in ranked. THESE NOOBS/FEEDERS/TROLLERS/ THEY SEE RANKED AS A JOKE! THEY SEE LIKE A NORMAL STUPID ****ING NORMAL GAME A ****ING JOKE!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evarelia

Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyknowsyou View Post
Riot's response: try harder

but in all seriousness, sorry to hear that man. Just try to find the most broken champion and abuse it. That's sadly the way this game is set up if you want to win.
That's basically what I've had to do. The only games I've won are with sona because she's a spamable support. *sigh* No skill at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viendra View Post
I know this sounds like a broken record, but I suggest duo queue. If you don't have a bro to rely on, grab one at summonersboard.com

Honestly, if you have that one jungler bro to lean on to get you fed, things could start looking up.

Think of it this way, if it only takes 1 person to screw things up, wont it only take 1 person you can rely on to win it? (and im sure your answer is no, i would say that, but its just a way to stay positive)

Good luck
I usually always run with one or two friends, on team speak no less.



I believe the problem is this.
Riot, I cannot win ten games in row. I cannot win, ten games, in a row, in order to get enough points to go for my best of three.
Two games in a row, maybe, best of three is easy.
I believe the point deduction for losing games should be removed. And the points gained from winning can be decreased, I'm alright with that. But if I am required to win, win, win, win over and over in order to not lose points to get to 100, I will not leave the bronze tier.
Also, if I wait to play, until the only "good" players left in bronze, win enough games to leave, I will never leave bronze tier.

Bronze tier, is broken.