Bronze, is Broken

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evarelia

02-03-2013

I have lost my last...12? Ranked games, because of one person.
One person, in each game, who refuses to communicate, refuses to run with the team, who does their own thing, who doesn't gank when they jungle or doesn't know how to build their champ past the 20 minute mark.

I don't understand it. I never lose my lane as support unless I go against a troll comp, like recently caitlyn and cassiopia. I never, lose my lane. The past 12 games have had EXCELLENT starts. We get first blood, we're often at least five kills again, two turrets, ahead, etc etc.

And then BAM! 20 minute mark and the other team suddenly moves as one. They hit harder, they dodge better, they build better and ward better and gank better. I just don't understand it. I cannot get decent, intelligent teammates who know how to late game, for the life of me and because of it, I was bumped back a tier already. The season JUST STARTED!

Please riot/summoners, tell me what to do. Don't you dare say that elo hell does not exist. And don't you dare say elo hell no longer exists in the new system. The people I am being matched against have wins, and the people I am being matched with, do not. Every. Single. Time. I don't...understand. I can't continue to play LoL like this and I just wish, that my good performance in a game, meant anything.

Fluffyknowsyou

02-03-2013

Riot's response: try harder

but in all seriousness, sorry to hear that man. Just try to find the most broken champion and abuse it. That's sadly the way this game is set up if you want to win.

dProphetd

02-03-2013

Apparently you have to play 1000s of games if you want it to be fair. Riot does not care if you have awful troll streaks or lose all your placement matches because of trolls and then get into ELO hell. They literally do not care if we get trolled. No kick option in lobby. Ranked games starting with people AFK. All the tribunal cases are about verbal abuse. Just click punish for free IP. Basically a complete joke.

Planets Cubed

02-03-2013

I know this sounds like a broken record, but I suggest duo queue. If you don't have a bro to rely on, grab one at summonersboard.com

Honestly, if you have that one jungler bro to lean on to get you fed, things could start looking up.

Think of it this way, if it only takes 1 person to screw things up, wont it only take 1 person you can rely on to win it? (and im sure your answer is no, i would say that, but its just a way to stay positive)

Good luck

Hippodotamus

02-03-2013

I hope this is a case only in bronze cos I'm going through the same ****skies.

pwn nubs ftw x99

02-03-2013

Add him and tell him he owns, then when you see him in a que or game, join one yourself.

Avoidance tactics

MicKretz

02-03-2013

it is true...in this LoL Game....it only takes 1 person to make a team lose.....thats the reality of it

(kinda sad actually)

Le MowMow

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dProphetd View Post
Apparently you have to play 1000s of games if you want it to be fair. Riot does not care if you have awful troll streaks or lose all your placement matches because of trolls and then get into ELO hell. They literally do not care if we get trolled. No kick option in lobby. Ranked games starting with people AFK. All the tribunal cases are about verbal abuse. Just click punish for free IP. Basically a complete joke.

Riot does not care because they cannot fix something that is 100% out of their control. What do you expect them do to fix it? ...Add in a kick option? Trolls can just as easily play the "normal player" card until the game starts then troll you at that time, rendering the kick option useless. Whose to judge if the person is legitimately trolling you or just genuinely an inexperienced player or playing unorthodox? What criteria would they have to meet if you want Riot to police that?

Ok, so ranked games start with people who are afk. What if I were to go through champion selection and communicate with my team then at the loading screen decide that I would rather go shopping instead and I leave for two hours. It's not Riot's fault. How could they have known I was going to go to the mall and afk that game? What about power outages? People not paying their bills and having their internet service shut off? Sure it's not fair to my teammates but it is what it is.

I have feeling you've never done the tribunal either. First off, they don't give you IP anymore for the tribunal unless I'm missing something. Secondly out of the 90 cases I have reviewed only TWO were unjustly reported and they were ultimately pardoned. The other 88 cases the reported player would be verbally attacking and/or spamming/trolling their teammates. Are those not the people you want to get rid of to make your experience slightly better?

Riot can fix a lot of hardware/software/programming issues but they can't fix player mentality. If a player wants to ruin your experience, they're going to find a way to do it. If they want to afk a game, they will. You can't expect Riot to fix the impossible because every game since the dawn of online gaming has had trolls and afk'ers and that won't stop.

MikailMikail

02-04-2013

I find the new Patch 3.01 is not very nice (rather... horrible) for the Ranked Game.

For a MAJOR REASON = POINT DEDUCTION FOR LOSSING

Firstly the main aim for the game is to make people play more not less.
With the point system in ranked that it currently using it reduces points for lossing. Now if you think in a Neutral state of mind that all players are not going to work together as a team originally. Then if they lose the game because of a team mate and you penalize them even more for playing a game to their best but because of others they get deducted also?? That is like adding salt to the wound.
Players will be discouraged.

Now if you say it helps prevent all players from advancing too fast then the point system in lossing should not be so drastic that it puts players off.

Instead they could have done some thing like this:
If you win a game in rank : 15 points
If you lose a game in rank 5 points deduction

With this set up you encourage players to play more and those who lost a game because of not their fault or other players not as skilled as they are.

I hope LOL staff will take this into consideration. I am not playing rank game any more until this has been amanded

hampsterblade

02-04-2013

Trolls can really ruin things and they are hard to deal with and they can push you down really far. I was at 400 elo last season, but have started this season 20/14 and climbed up to about 1200 elo or currently the top of Bronze IV and climbing. Here are a few pointers.

1) The game mechanic starts in champion select. Work hard to communicate. Discuss game strategy and counters early on. In the lower elo everyone is going to call their roles and be concrete on them, sorry, not much you can do. If people are fighting over a role you may as well dodge, one of them is probably going to troll or be bad at the role they get stuck with, it's not going to end well. I would also dodge for announced trolls or people refusing to stick to the meta, there's no LP penalty for dodging, so if the conditions are overwhelmingly unfavorable, why chance it. While you're waiting for the 15 minute timer, play an aram.

2) The next thing to question is your actual skills as a support. Playing support is a great way to climb, but I found when I was stuck down there I wasn't actually supporting well. My ward placement wasn't the greatest and my late game was pretty bad. It's important to know the supports that best synergize with different carries, and which counter other carries and supports. Watch some pro streams, and learn from their supports and other roles.

3) Be skilled in every role and know at least 2-3 champions in each role. If you're not good with a role, don't play ranked until you have almost mastered it.

4) Lastly, have fun, but remember to take it seriously in ranked. Don't be a troll yourself, and don't get angry. Encourage your team to communicate, have good map awareness, if you need to, call others mias. This heightened awareness can help your unskilled teams greatly.

5) Master a jungle. The jungler can influence a game far more than any other role especially early on. Nobody ever calls jungle and if you get good, it's the easiest way to climb up.

6) Duo queue, and if you can find people well above your rank to queue with. Playing higher tier games offer more LP and climb faster, but your friends may not like it as their losses will be greater and their wins not as significant.

7) If you're in too deep and there's nothing you can do, just don't play ranked. I know it sucks, but I had to wait for the ELO reset to escape. Once a reset occurs make sure to wait a few weeks to jump in so most of the trolls are back where they should be.

tl;dr: evaluate your own skills and queue with friends. You want to climb the ladders, you have to have the highest possible influence and dodge the trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikailMikail View Post
I find the new Patch 3.01 is not very nice (rather... horrible) for the Ranked Game.

For a MAJOR REASON = POINT DEDUCTION FOR LOSSING
This has always been like this and will not change, The system is made this way so people stay where they should be. If a person is losing most of their games they need to move down, if they are winning a lot they should move up. Unfortunately it negatively effects lower ranked players as most of the low ranked people are there due to being trolls, leavers, or not communicated. It really hurts people who got there because of other trolls, and a few initial mistakes. They cannot risk breaking the system in the high ranks because a few people are trapped in Bronze V hell. It's just how it is.

12345 ... 6