@Riot you need to fix this ranked system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JuJu Bear xD

02-03-2013

Riot does need to fix this, once the update hit, I started playing solo/duo , I won 4 games when it started and was at 80 points, not after I hit my 80 points, I then lost 5 games in a row (Oh yeah,"The matchmaking system will now take into account matchmaking rating and number of wins in the player's current queue when creating matches
" )
I call BS on this, after trying to get my 100 points, I get paired up to a game where there was a Spanish player in there, costed us the game . I then said you know, that was just bad luck, started second game, now everyone usually fights for summoners code now, and since this guy was last pick, he had no option but to jungle, I asked him if he wanted to trade, but he said he didn't know how to adc, I mean seriously, what kind of people join rank without even knowing every role? All i'm saying is, this ranking system isn't what I thought it be, You win games and get points, you lose , you lose ALOT .

tubbypyro

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP Pls Nerf View Post
This isn't necessarily a bad thing, given it seems unfair as to how much LP you lose, continuing to win more games than you lose will increase your MMR and your hidden elo, meaning that eventually, you will just gain much more than you lose, if at the moment you're losing much more than you win, it means the system believes you're not at the current level of the people in your division and their MMR is better than yours, so the system is trying to get you to where you should be at
see, as much as i agree with this, the one thing I dont agree with is the dodging.....the loosing LP for dodging is a terrible thing because it makes people want to troll and it angers the people.....like for example which I just had happen to me:Our team was looking good(and I could not carry because I was support so please dont bring that up) and our brand mid all of a sudden switched to trolling and was going to feed with revive and teleport.....i tried to wait it out but had to dodge at last second hoping that there wasnt any LP losses cause I was at 100 and was trying to qualify.....figuring out now..... i lost 10 lp for that.....this I find really stupid because of all the trolls who will make you loose so you either have to dodge and loose 10 lp(stupid) or play the game and loose it and loose even more lp(stupider) both choices suck and the loosing 10lp does not stop trolling. Infact, it makes people want to troll more and makes it easier.....this is my main issue with this new ranked system and I hope for it to be switched because me and my friend are undefeated right now in ranked and are trying to make our way up but running into trolls like these make it really really hard and not fun at all

tubbypyro

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
Long story short, I won a game, didn't gain any LP. I thought it was a display error, like sometimes how your IP will do that if a game end is lagging or something like that, so played another. Lost it, and lost more LP. Didn't even award me that win. Lovely.
check ur profile and go to league i had to figure that out to

Xenic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno giant View Post
check ur profile and go to league i had to figure that out to
I did. Still showed me at 33 LP after the win, where I was already at.

OP Pls Nerf

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno giant View Post
see, as much as i agree with this, the one thing I dont agree with is the dodging.....the loosing LP for dodging is a terrible thing because it makes people want to troll and it angers the people.....like for example which I just had happen to me:Our team was looking good(and I could not carry because I was support so please dont bring that up) and our brand mid all of a sudden switched to trolling and was going to feed with revive and teleport.....i tried to wait it out but had to dodge at last second hoping that there wasnt any LP losses cause I was at 100 and was trying to qualify.....figuring out now..... i lost 10 lp for that.....this I find really stupid because of all the trolls who will make you loose so you either have to dodge and loose 10 lp(stupid) or play the game and loose it and loose even more lp(stupider) both choices suck and the loosing 10lp does not stop trolling. Infact, it makes people want to troll more and makes it easier.....this is my main issue with this new ranked system and I hope for it to be switched because me and my friend are undefeated right now in ranked and are trying to make our way up but running into trolls like these make it really really hard and not fun at all
Yegg explained this in another thread, moving to losing no elo for dodging actually resulted in more games being dodged for no apparent reason, i agree that maybe this was not the right choice but it is here, and now we have to learn to deal with it, and also you only lose 3 LP for a dodge and get a 15 min timer or something like that but anyway, the only time you lose more than 3 LP for dodging is when you have already dodged more than once, and please next time write "lose" not "loose" they're two completely different words with different meanings.

OP Pls Nerf

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype98 View Post
TL;DR Riot you make it too hard to rank up and this system needs to be fixed. Look at forums everyone is complaining
People on the forums are complaining because most of them don't properly understand the new system, and they're expecting that if they win 4-5 games straight then they should be moved up into a new tier, which this system, proves who actually are the good players and who deserves to be where, if you're good enough you will keep winning, eventually moving you up, people need to actually understand this system before they rage about it

Xyltin

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype98 View Post
If you look at the forums you see how many people are complaining. You have 90 Lp win 4 games and your at like 97 lose one and your back to like 70s. You expect people to have like a 99999 win streak to rank up. ELO was a lot better. What even funnier is you lose LP from dodging. This can be a new way to troll and not lose Lp. Just troll in pregame and force people to dodge. Your team decides to all lock in mid then you lose Lp from dodging that game... Switch back to elo or fix this up.

TL;DR Riot you make it too hard to rank up and this system needs to be fixed. Look at forums everyone is complaining
95% of the complains are about the system and as the new MM doesn't work, even when MM wasn't really touched.
They don't understand how it works but they complain about it? Not really smart.

There are problems:
- Division I promotions are really hard to get to, but they should be. But they need still tweaking (and Riot is looking into it)
- some bugs

But the current problem is actually only in Division I. Not that you are going down from there easily, but that the points from 75-100 are too hard to get. So a lot of people are stuck at these points. But only in Division I and only that close to the promotion and also only for people that could barely make it into the next Tier have that problem.

Annatar0688

02-04-2013

The new system is Starcraft's system, but guess what that system is based off single players not teams. Ever heard of a pro game of 2v2 Starcraft? 3v3? no because the game and the league system isn't meant for teams, especially team games with random people, who plays 2v2 threw 5v5 with completely random people, no one, unless there just messing around why? Because those random people don't care who you are, what you think, or anything and this allows them to do anything they want, play as bad as they want, and just completely troll. What happens to these people? They receive no reprimand for ruining other peoples playing experience by doing so because the game technically doesn't have to be played according to the "meta" you can troll, feed, or never help the team all you want and nothing will ever happen to you. The only trolls that get reprimanded are the ones that are stupid enough to type out yea I'm trolling on purpose to ruin your game.
So by League of legends turning there system into a single player ranking that you play with all random people in every TEAM game, its complete luck, not skill that wins you games. Yes that's right, will i get a troll? or wont I, because if i don't get a troll, 90% of the time the other team does, and I win. Good games that are even and fun don't exist in this system. Oh but wait this was always the case with elo also wasn't it? No because now people can get to silver or gold or diamond w/e and just troll repeatedly over and over for 200 games and then guess what, they can stop trolling for 50 games and rank up like any other person that didn't troll for 200 games and lose on purpose. In elo if you lost on purpose for 200 games you would end up in 500 and it wouldn't hurt people in higher tiers. So this would make trolls not troll all the time, so now the troll numbers are ridiculous and you will be lucky to ever get a good game, You either win by a lot or lose, unless your in diamond above tier 5, or where the pro players are at, and then you get games that are good and not someone trolling or trying some new build, Oh but wait if you get that high in tier you have to sit in 20 min to 2 hour long ques to get in a game. Which then also increases people trolling because, why should i rank up, So i can sit in hour long ques? So do I want a decent chance to get a good game after sitting in que for ever or do I want to play 1 **** game after the next in 3 min ques with all trolls and never being able to rank up because, why shouldn't you troll?
As long as league of legends ranking is based of a single persons record in a team game, when it should take into account what your other team members stats were at the same time, there will always be trolls and the system will always be based on luck, Will you get a troll or not? And if you do get a troll will the other team get one also so i can still win with the troll on my team. If your one of the delusional people that say oh well your not good enough, if you were good you would raise in rank no matter what, while this may be the case for complete pros that play 10 hour a day, what about the people that are good but not dominate that should be winning, should be gaining ranks, should be playing with better players, but are stuck in "elo hell" as its called because the system contributed to more trolls by not reprimanding trolls in any way. If the system was based off the entire team in some kind of statistical way, trolls would drop down in rank so quick because the ranking system would know, oh you trolled and the only reason you won this game is because the other team had an afk or a troll themselves, or you got carried hard, or lets say the troll is still getting an average kill/death ratio, but the rank system knows that in truth from the damage meters that all you did was get the last hit and ks, The trolls would drop in rank, and the people getting harassed by them will not lose rank and even gain rank, unlike the current system that doesn't take into account of anything but your own stats in a TEAM game. Which again brings me back to trolls, which can easily troll all the time and trick the system, cause the system doesn't know.

THIS CURRENT SYSTEM IS GREAT IS IT NOT?