@Riot you need to fix this ranked system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Splurged

02-03-2013

If you look at the forums you see how many people are complaining. You have 90 Lp win 4 games and your at like 97 lose one and your back to like 70s. You expect people to have like a 99999 win streak to rank up. ELO was a lot better. What even funnier is you lose LP from dodging. This can be a new way to troll and not lose Lp. Just troll in pregame and force people to dodge. Your team decides to all lock in mid then you lose Lp from dodging that game... Switch back to elo or fix this up.

TL;DR Riot you make it too hard to rank up and this system needs to be fixed. Look at forums everyone is complaining

all3nowndya

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype98 View Post
If you look at the forums you see how many people are complaining. You have 90 Lp win 4 games and your at like 97 lose one and your back to like 70s. You expect people to have like a 99999 win streak to rank up. ELO was a lot better. What even funnier is you lose LP from dodging. This can be a new way to troll and not lose Lp. Just troll in pregame and force people to dodge. Your team decides to all lock in mid then you lose Lp from dodging that game... Switch back to elo or fix this up.

TL;DR Riot you make it too hard to rank up and this system needs to be fixed. Look at forums everyone is complaining
They still use Elo, it's just hidden from view.

Cute One

02-03-2013

No they use MMR which does not = Elo

nohom0bro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

I think Riot understands that there is some bugs currently in the ranking system and i would bet money on it that tomorrow morning they will be having a meeting on how they could fix stuff in the ranking system. In the next week there will be an update

OP Pls Nerf

02-03-2013

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, given it seems unfair as to how much LP you lose, continuing to win more games than you lose will increase your MMR and your hidden elo, meaning that eventually, you will just gain much more than you lose, if at the moment you're losing much more than you win, it means the system believes you're not at the current level of the people in your division and their MMR is better than yours, so the system is trying to get you to where you should be at

HarryLongbaugh

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP Pls Nerf View Post
This isn't necessarily a bad thing, given it seems unfair as to how much LP you lose, continuing to win more games than you lose will increase your MMR and your hidden elo, meaning that eventually, you will just gain much more than you lose, if at the moment you're losing much more than you win, it means the system believes you're not at the current level of the people in your division and their MMR is better than yours, so the system is trying to get you to where you should be at
^ This. I won my first ~3-4 games and that put me in a good spot in MMR, therefor my LP gains/losses were in my favor, since then I've kept a pretty good win ratio (70%) and have already almost got to 100LP in Gold V after starting in Silver I. Just play the game, coming to forums to complain that you're losing LP is not, in fact, going to help you move up the tiers.

Mistake

02-03-2013

I think the truth is not everyone is gonna be constantly moving up tiers... people need to have realistic expectations.

Dayblazer

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLongbaugh View Post
^ This. I won my first ~3-4 games and that put me in a good spot in MMR, therefor my LP gains/losses were in my favor, since then I've kept a pretty good win ratio (70%) and have already almost got to 100LP in Gold V after starting in Silver I. Just play the game, coming to forums to complain that you're losing LP is not, in fact, going to help you move up the tiers.
This guy has all my upvotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistake View Post
I think the truth is not everyone is gonna be constantly moving up tiers... people need to have realistic expectations.
also this guy.

Brendan101

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

After winning 4/10 games (with 2 afkers and one troll in those 6 loses) and only going "negative" in K/D in one victory where I was the tank every other game I still did really well win or lose. I was put in IV, I ofc Duo'd to there. After losing 2 games my LP was down to 0 and after losing one more I dropped to V. This whole new rank system needs A LOT of work seeing people who had played about 12-20 games and had only 3-4 victories were in III or even II in my division name,

At this point I am afraid to keep playing due to getting frustrated in seeing my el- I mean LP drop to 0 in V.

Xenic

02-03-2013

Long story short, I won a game, didn't gain any LP. I thought it was a display error, like sometimes how your IP will do that if a game end is lagging or something like that, so played another. Lost it, and lost more LP. Didn't even award me that win. Lovely.