About the blood in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

unholycanoli

02-03-2013

I'm just curious as to why in the skill demos of champs in the store when they use the skill a burst of blood or a line of blood appears but when you are actually in a game there is no noticeable blood. I don't really care about the lack of blood (I actually prefer no blood for numerous reasons) I'm just curious about why and i know for sure I'm on the NA server so it just baffles me. Anyone care to elaborate as to why? Also quick question about the summoners code which states that you may not go AFK, is it alright to go AFK for 30 secs early game in order to grab a drink quickly (before minions appear)?

CursedSquid

02-03-2013

Yes you may go afk for 30 secs just tell your team that you are doing so i recommend getting all things needed while loading the game so you dont need to be afk

Zisi

02-03-2013

Quote:
is it alright to go AFK for 30 secs early game in order to grab a drink quickly (before minions appear)
No, because you should be protecting your jungler from invades. Do that before the game starts.

Kaalika

02-03-2013

Grab a drink while the loading screen's up, or better yet keep a big bottle of water next to the computer. Take breaks between games of at least 5 minutes, stretch, grab a snack and a drink, etc.

ibnfadlanIII

02-04-2013

as to your question about blood it might be your graphics settings if your referring to the trail of blood caused by talons q or Darius' abilities that should still be appearing not sure why it wouldn't be

TehomCD

02-04-2013

I'm guessing it would be spell effects/particle settings - lower settings usually have things become subtle or omit some particles entirely, and most blood effects would fall under that.

As far as AFKing - at level 30 in ranked games I would never afk after the game starts even briefly, because you could risk your team getting caught in a 4v5 during an invade. In normals it's pretty much fine, not a big deal.

JonnyTapas

02-04-2013

Pee, Smoke, Grab a Coke and a Sandwich, then Queue --> Repeat.

Why do you need to AFK?

If it's an absolute must to step away in game, it's best done during a longer death timer.

Zisi

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehomCD View Post
As far as AFKing - at level 30 in ranked games I would never afk after the game starts even briefly, because you could risk your team getting caught in a 4v5 during an invade. In normals it's pretty much fine, not a big deal.
It's never ok to afk during the game. Keep in mind your ranked elo may be higher than your normal elo leading to your perception that its "ok" to afk before minion spawn. I'd say about 50% of games I play in normals there is some pre minion poking around going on.

Duke of Ragnarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycanoli View Post
I'm just curious as to why in the skill demos of champs in the store when they use the skill a burst of blood or a line of blood appears but when you are actually in a game there is no noticeable blood. I don't really care about the lack of blood (I actually prefer no blood for numerous reasons) I'm just curious about why and i know for sure I'm on the NA server so it just baffles me. Anyone care to elaborate as to why? Also quick question about the summoners code which states that you may not go AFK, is it alright to go AFK for 30 secs early game in order to grab a drink quickly (before minions appear)?
well if you want some blood play vlad.....im pretty sure that would fit with what you are looking for

unholycanoli

02-07-2013

Sorry about taking so long to respond, It turns out it was the particle effects, Also this is hard to describe but i meant if that i forgot something before things were happening once in a blue moon it wouldn't be a big issue. Also why would i play Vladimir if i stated that i much prefer the game without blood? I was just wondering why there were differences in store and in game. Thank you for the answers guys!