Possible bug: Promotion series reset when you dodge a game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Hi Riot,

I'm not sure if this is the right board for this but here goes. I just finished my 3rd game for my promotion from Bronze II to Bronze I.
The first game was won.
I lost the second game.
I dodged a game where someone troll picked (I left before champion select was even over).
Then I won the next game and it said I qualified for a promotion series again, wait what?

So my question is, Does dodging a game count as a loss when you are up for promotion? Im a little confused, I hope it was a bug, Im a little disheartened about not getting promoted when I won 2 out of 3. Could you please let me know if this is intended?

Thanks for taking the time to read this,
Stown

Irish Red Cap

02-03-2013

You lose LP for dodging. It is part of the penalty brought back in with S3. More than likely it was not a bug but counted as an automatic loss of the promotion series. Yet another **** up riot failed to properly test out b4 releasing.

Stown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Aww man! Thanks for letting me know WhiteHatCracker. I guess its my own fault for not reading all the new ranked rules again.

Riot: As a suggestion you could put a notice when you queue for promo games that if you dodge the series resets? Or better yet just make the penalty to queue again a long time like an hour. I know that anyone else who has had this happen and wasn't aware is probably just as bummed as I am.

Thanks,
Stown

NickLovin

02-03-2013

I had the same thing happen to me. won my first two, lost the 3rd then in the 4th game 3 players had all picked and locked in jungle. None of them were budging, willing to try to make the comp work or even talk civilly to each other. Why would I want to play a game where my team just yells at one another. Either way when I had logged back in the que was only 3 minutes as opposed to 30 and my progress in series games was lost with out notice or reason.
If this was intended then why not mention in the patch notes responsibly?

dgcayer

02-06-2013

Same thing for me...won the first one, then lost the second and I won the 3rd and got a message saying I qualified for a series and my check marks disappeared. Is this a known issue or a bug or what??

TheFriendlyUncle

02-06-2013

not a bug, if you dodge ur promotion series end right away.

jugern0t

02-08-2013

i dont think tis fair that your promotion series ends. i understand it makes sense that you cant dodge your way to the ultimate team comp. but those promotion series games are so nerveracking. if you can just tell someone is going to be a jerk right from the getgo, i dont think there should be such a penalty. so you should just have to stay and take a loss? i dont believe thats fair. i understand you lose points for dodging. but you should at least be able to dodge one in your promotion series without it ending.

Banana Dragon

02-08-2013

Its completely fair it ends. otherwise you could deodge games until you got a team that you know would just wreck and easy win for your promotion. everyone has to deal with bads. just get used to it and as the high elo say to the low. "carry harder"

DemonĂ¯k

02-08-2013

Yeah, dodging causes your promotion series to end immediately even if it's the first game. It's designed that way for the exact reason Legacy Draxon says, if you could dodge promotion without penalty you could just dodge over and over until you got a favorable match-up to dominate and win easily.