Riot please do something about people leaving ranked games.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Driot

02-03-2013

I know that there are a lot of reasons for people disconnecting from game lost internet connection and so on. however, I believe something needs to be done about teams losing ranked game because of disconnects. The last 4 ranked games I have played I have had one of my teammates disconnect resulting in a lost. Sure people have won 4 v 5 games before but it's not often. furthermore nothing makes me wants to quit playing League of Legends more than losing because a player getting frustrated, lost internet connect or lagging. I know that some of these problems Riot can not control but Riot can make penalties for leaving more severe in ranked games and/or forgiving loses for teams that had a player disconnect for 10 in a game or in the first 5 minutes in a game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spyed You

02-03-2013

I've experienced this problems plenty of times on both sides. It's really unfair for the 4v5 team, especially when you lose who may be your highest dps champ. What should happen is that if somebody is deemed to be afk or has left the game, they should lose a lot more of the league points than the other players on the team (assuming they lost, despite the rare occasions where 4v5s are won). That way if somebody does afk or leave, you wouldn't suffer as much in the current elo system. Hopefully riot does something, because the leavers in ranked especially are driving me mad!

Oh, and there's no need to really penalize the winners, they didn't do anything wrong and it's not their fault they got such a strong advantage.