Season 3 Shyvana Jungle Viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lostlemur

02-03-2013

Hey I am a big time jungler and I was thinking of buying shyvana. I played her several times in her season 2 free weeks. I really enjoyed her, loved her fast jungle, also the first champ I got a pentakill with. However, due to the distribution of health of the jungle minion, her w really isnt as useful as it used to be. Also, she has no cc besides a small knockback on her ult, and she doesnt benefit from as many of the newer items as other champs. I know the goal of the pre-season jungle changes was to reduce jungler with aoe abilities like skarner, amumu, shyvana's, speed, but shyvana seems to have suffered the most from this.

Thoughts and opinions?

Unsimplify

02-04-2013

She's weaker now. You're right, the jungle changes AGAIN were an indirect nerf to her and all AOE junglers .

With Burnout, you'd clear out the small jungle creeps fine... but then you're left with the big creep still at half-health. This also ruins her counter-jungle, as she can't leave a creep behind to deny the enemy jungler, because they have such low health now that she clears them out anyway.

You can barely gank after your first clear. If you go Lizard->Wraiths->Wolves->Big Golem, you would have half-health and no potions (and you can actually almost die at Big Golem if you don't have the extra slither of armor from masteries).

However, the new item, Spirit of the Lizard Elder, is really good on her imo. As a champion that relies on basic attacks, the on-hit effect of this item synergizes. But it's 700G more expensive than Wriggle's and you would clear faster going Madred's instead of Spirit Stone. But then again, you would do more damage in ganks with Spirit of the Lizard Elder anyway.

But of course, after 6, no matter if you went Spirit or Madred's, she's pretty much the same. Post 6 clearing is still noticeably slower than before until you get Wit's. So all in all, she's harder to manage counter-jungling as she loses too much health and has slower clears now; you'd probably find a single-target jungler that can match up against her quite well, if not better.

Jiejl

02-04-2013

If you main jungle you should have all the junglers, just to have them.

AWildRaticate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

I'd just go with Udyr, if you don't already have him. They function very similarly, but Udyr has quicker clears, more build paths, better counter jungling, and some CC.