Picking vs Calling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Hey guys. This has been an argument for the longest time about what's right and what's wrong. A requirement to play this game is to abide by the Summoner's Code. Most people took the Summoner's Code like the User Agreement of Terms and Service for everything: "Too Long; Didn't Read. Click Accept." Well, yo can be punished for breaking the Summoner's Code. I just went through the Summoner's Code, and found the Article.

DIRET QUOTE: "Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If you're the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn't already been filled."

It's a lot like everything in the world (even the Bible, let's be real): Open for interpretation. Obviously there is a "Meta" and it works for the most part. You don't HAVE to pick for the meta, but you know what works, and what's just absurd. People don't run 5 Glass cannon APs for a reason, they're squishy and you build MR. Try to fill what has not been filled.

Obviously this is up for discussion in normal blind picks, as it's all up in the air. If you ask me, it should be whoever picks, but it is what it is.

One thing is for certain: DON'T BE AN INSTALOCKING *****. Seriously. Even if you are going to be stubborn and not change your mind. Don't be that guy. Insta-lock shouldn't be permitted, but it's there.

Anyway, that's the quote from the Summoner's Code, and by playing teh game you agree to abide. You may present your case if you wish, but you're not really in the trial if you end up in the tribunal. Maybe Riot will be nice, who knows.

KnightxSScarlett

02-03-2013

Why no instalocking? I only play Singed top, why should I not instalock?

MrSnitches

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
Why no instalocking? I only play Singed top, why should I not instalock?
Because that most likely means you're a bad player altogether. Especially if you instalock. If you're so scared of being even mediocre at anything else you've got a serious problem on your hands.

Yourcatmolested

02-03-2013

Calling>picking IMO

KnightxSScarlett

02-03-2013

Why should I settle for second best? Singed never loses his lane. Why would I take the chance of losing my lane and playing an inferior champ like Elise?

Ceer

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
Why should I settle for second best? Singed never loses his lane. Why would I take the chance of losing my lane and playing an inferior champ like Elise?
is dis guy fo real

adc

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipheny View Post
is dis guy fo real
No. Mageinta just goes to every topic about heroes he can possibly find and posts "I only play Singed top". He rarely, if ever, contributes to an actual discussion or talks sensibly. Just ignore him.

Voyles

02-03-2013

You do need to lock in draft before other people can pick though.

Jericho Hombre

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighBrew View Post
You do need to lock in draft before other people can pick though.
that's not instalocking, that's regular locking.

Instalocking is when you pick a champ and lock in immediately without discussing anything with the rest of your team.

Holytank

02-04-2013

Someone please explain your argument for calling > pick order. Because the way i see it your saying because you typed faster you get to get what you want? instead of the person who worked harder for their elo to get what they want...