The Truth About Both Systems and Your Skill Level.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ROKAF JE

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
A glitch hit some players and they reset to 0 Elo. Not sure why, but yeah. That's what happened, lol.

I've never even heard of that, and 90 wins is not enough to get you to 1400.
It'd take him up to roughly 900-1100, not including losses.

Fluffyknowsyou

02-05-2013

I complain sometimes because this game is frustrating or I don't realize the fine line between playing to win and not having fun anymore.

adc

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKAF JE View Post
I've never even heard of that, and 90 wins is not enough to get you to 1400.
It'd take him up to roughly 900-1100, not including losses.
Don't forget the first 20-30 games are worth 2-4 times as much Elo. First ten bring him to 400, next ten to 600, then they started being worth about 12 (actually they may scale it down even more slowly, so they're probably worth 12 around your 40-50th game. 60 wins over losses brings you up about 700 Elo, putting him at 1320, which means that he had to have won more than 12 a lot.

ehlo

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsthnsatn667 View Post
stupid bull****!
Your ridiculous, watch OddOnes stream, or any pro streaming and they are constantly complaining about these types of noobs bringing them down, Regi from TSM can't even get into diamond yet.

Wtf you talking bout.

your an idiot.

drlordsir13

02-07-2013

I'm almost certain that this point has been made already but I'll go ahead cause this is the internet so who cares? I'm in the low end of silver, I feel that that is close to my skill lvl and I'm matched with people who make my play enjoyable. I don't know what the points system is based off of, but I think that the points penalty could be lessened if your kills and assists are higher on your team, while I realize that not everyone who gets kills/assists are working with their team and 'deserve' the lessened penalty, it seems to me that people who do get matched with bads sometimes sink into a lower lvl than their skill merits, making them go against people like me who end up getting crushed by the superior skill. And while I do accept (at least) one fifth of all blame that comes with a loss, it would be cool if I could always be playing with the people around my skill level and ending up wherever it is that I belong instead of over or under

Heinrich

02-07-2013

I just got a 25 minute wait time for my next game because a guy called jungle, he's last pick, then decides he wants to top with singed....It's just generally angering. If the team loses, the team loses. I understand that fully. But it's tough when you are the only one trying to win, building decent, and not being a complete noob. I don't feel like I should be in division 4 of bronze, I'm almost always positive in kills. But come late game team fights, it goes downhill. Or if i leave my lane, (i usually top) i run into a fed adc and mid that cream me. Granted I've had some bad games, at no fault but my own. But at the same time, the only way I'll get out of this bronze league is by my competence and luck, hoping that I'll be paired with someone who at least knows what is going on. It's tough to dig out of a hole you weren't the only one digging.

StudHeckerte

02-07-2013

Honestly the root of the post here applies in life too. Everyone who's first reaction is to blame others rather than take an objective look at themselves fails at everything they do. In league and in life the same.

YoungGoN4v5

02-07-2013

Heinrich you may want to reevaluate what your saying? Your cs scores are awful man if you want to get out you have to learn to play better