The Truth About Both Systems and Your Skill Level.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3reaking3ad

02-04-2013

To the people downvoting this thread or still whining about trolls.

Assuming these people are not troll themselves that leaves 9 others players in the game with a 10%(not that the number matters it could be replaced with any) that each of the rest of the players aside from you are trolls. So that means that there is a 40% chance one person on your team is a troll, a 12% chance two people on your team are trolls a .024% chance three people are trolls and a .0024 chance all four other members of your team are trolls/feeders.

Let's do the odds for the other team. 50% one is a troll. A 20% chance two are trolls. A .06% chance three are trolls......and so on.(Feel free to correct my math if it's incorrect although my overall point is not diminished by it)

Statistically you cannot posibly be right about your problems. This is of course assuming YOU are not a troll/feeder yourself. If you are consistently not trolling or feeding then you will go up in rank/league. It's impossible not to. Well.....technically not impossible but the more games you play the better your odds are.

Something I've found you can do to greatly increase the odds is remove trolls from your game by not being a ***** to them. Learn to work with them in whatever small way you can. Just my two cents.

kdfsjljklgjfg

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3reaking3ad View Post
To the people downvoting this thread or still whining about trolls.

Assuming these people are not troll themselves that leaves 9 others players in the game with a 10%(not that the number matters it could be replaced with any) that each of the rest of the players aside from you are trolls. So that means that there is a 40% chance one person on your team is a troll, a 12% chance two people on your team are trolls a .024% chance three people are trolls and a .0024 chance all four other members of your team are trolls/feeders.

Let's do the odds for the other team. 50% one is a troll. A 20% chance two are trolls. A .06% chance three are trolls......and so on.(Feel free to correct my math if it's incorrect although my overall point is not diminished by it)

Statistically you cannot posibly be right about your problems. This is of course assuming YOU are not a troll/feeder yourself. If you are consistently not trolling or feeding then you will go up in rank/league. It's impossible not to. Well.....technically not impossible but the more games you play the better your odds are.

Something I've found you can do to greatly increase the odds is remove trolls from your game by not being a ***** to them. Learn to work with them in whatever small way you can. Just my two cents.
You know, I've actually made that exact post before. Several times, in fact, to people complaining about it being impossible to climb. I was something like 16-15 before the S3 patch. Not great, but respectable, and I had my fair share of wins and losses.

Since the S3 patch, I've played 9 ranked games.

I've had AFKers in 4, a troll in another, 2 where my teammates are claustrophobic and terrified of moving in groups of more than 3, and 2 more where my teammates were just plain bad. As a result, I'm 0-9 after the S3 patch, and while I'm the first to admit I'm far from a phenomenal player, I only honestly did bad in 2 of those games, and was way better than I normally am in 4 of them.

Despite always criticising people who said the same before the patch, it just seems impossible for me to get a good team, and it makes me feel something is off about the system. 9 games in a row without a good team seems too much to not be coincidental.

iComatose

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phizzwiggle3 View Post
funny how people cry and moan about the games where they get trolled, yet forget the games where the enemy team got trolled, or when THEY got carried. It balances out. Actually, your team has less chance of trolls than the enemy's
Well..since the S3 started I had afkers 4 games in a row..when we finally get a team i tell myself cool should get better.. then I see an ap tryn and then a bot lane 0/9, 0/7 at the end of lane phase.. well im still waiting for the ''balance'' like u said..

I Zanthrax I

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iComatose View Post
Well..since the S3 started I had afkers 4 games in a row..when we finally get a team i tell myself cool should get better.. then I see an ap tryn and then a bot lane 0/9, 0/7 at the end of lane phase.. well im still waiting for the ''balance'' like u said..
5 games haven't had time to balance anything out...play 100+ games then see where your at.

iComatose

02-04-2013

i was almost gold pre s3.. then dropped ''120 elo'' since we dont have an elo system anymore.. i mean I've lost tons of games where I was like 16/4, 22/6.. its actually much easier to move down now then up. a few bad lucks and u're down a group..winning 5 games in a row and you're halfway there to get a promotion.. doesnt make any sense to me

ArCblizz

02-04-2013

The reason i am calling bull**** to your entire post is one thing. All of those pros and higher elo people DO NOT START AT BRONZE.

So what it really comes down to is placement. and yah if you suck during your placement you are getting placed low....but after that, if you get better it really doesnt matter at all. the trolls and leavers and afkers will stop you. I love hearing not ELO hell *******s talk about elo hell. Go **** yourself

Hoisengerd

02-04-2013

if your team sucks you ain't carrying **** in this game
20% skill 80% luck

i watched iwdominate when he started his new account and when he got to his placement matches he barely did anything, he only had like 2 games where he was a significant factor in winning, the rest was him getting pretty much carried by the team...that continued till he got till about 1500-1600, where he started actually contributing hard to the win

and as anybody can attest the lower in elo you go the less chances of having competent players you have, and you get ****ed hardcore in elo if you get paired with the bad team on your placement matches

the problem with elo is the placement matches

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArCblizz View Post
The reason i am calling bull**** to your entire post is one thing. All of those pros and higher elo people DO NOT START AT BRONZE.

So what it really comes down to is placement. and yah if you suck during your placement you are getting placed low....but after that, if you get better it really doesnt matter at all. the trolls and leavers and afkers will stop you. I love hearing not ELO hell *******s talk about elo hell. Go **** yourself
Have you watched Crs Nyjacky? He has like 5 different smurfs, and he's started at bronze and just worked his way up. Your statement is invalid. Pros often make smurfs and climb up from bronze, as are there other people who are only plat/gold who go down just for the climb.

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArCblizz View Post
I love hearing not ELO hell *******s talk about elo hell. Go **** yourself
S1 I was 900 elo and I blamed it all on my team. First half of s2 I was 1000-1100, and then I kept looking at how to get out of "Elo hell" (which does not exists, nor did it when the Elo system was there). If you think you are in Elo hell, you deserve to be there because what Elo hell ACTUALLY is, is the self-conflict within a player where he believes everything is his teams fault, and that they deserve to be higher.

Everything said "There is no Elo hell, stop raging, focus on the basics, and take some responsibility." Once you tell your ego to shut up, it helps a BUNCH. Like, honestly, instead of raging at someone on a forum thread who is trying to HELP, put the ego away, calm your ****, and focus on playing better. Where does raging at me help improve your game? It doesn't. It helps feed your ego and helps you cope with the stress of losing. That's fine, a better way to help cope with losing it to get better and lose less, equating to winning more. It's your call though. If you want to keep raging on a thread to assert your non-existent dominance, go for it, this thread is obviously not for you then as you are not looking to improve yourself.

Rillain

02-04-2013

Think about it though, it's not very hard to lose 5+ in a row because of trolls and idiots. That's 1-2 days worth of ranked and it's enough to discourage someone from playing more. The people who are against the concept of elo hell change its definition and exaggerate how implausible it is just to gain support. Well okay so what if someone is stuck in Silver 4 and really belongs in Gold 2, do you think it's worth it to play over 200 games with trolls and feeders just to get to that level?