The Truth About Both Systems and Your Skill Level.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrinkCoffe

02-03-2013

Sure it's not 100% the same, but the concept stands. If you play a couple games a week, you can't expect your ratings to change a whole bunch unless you are exceptional. You have to play a LOT, and I promise it will balance out.

Dude your so wrong its not even funny. The problem is your rating changes too much if i win a game i climb about 15 spots then if i lose i drop about 20 think about starcraft 2 you could be ranked 18th for a week then start to climb in this new system you bounce up and down at a retarded pace

xSeCKSx

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
He's saying that the people who tend to blame things on their teammates rather than themselves are generally at a lower rating than others are. Or in other words - worse players tend to blame things on other people, instead of looking at their own faults.

But I guess you can keep on believing in your "Elo hell" or whatever you want to call it now that Elo is gone.
The people who place blame on their teammates consistently aren't ever as good as they think. One doesn't get better by excusing themselves for coming up short.

Genius Farmer

02-03-2013

This is what i keep telling people!!

(What if the ranking system is right? and you just suck?)

Me for instance, i usually win a lot but still am at bronze. The truth of the matter is, when i play with my friends in silver tier i usually get shut down by the opponents mid. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!!

So in short, im good, but not good enough for silver, and I accept this, if you can't accept your place then i suggest you find another game, sorry to be so harsh its just i hate listening to all these other people who just blame others if they lose. sheesh, grow a pair and take responsibility for your losses!!

I Zanthrax I

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeant******** View Post
" Should you be higher Elo because you got a troll, a feeder, an AFK, a DC, you went 15/0 but your team threw it, or whatever various reason?"
Yes actually, you should be higher Elo. I have played so many games where ive done well and my team argues and someone literally says in chat "I dont want you to win" so they walk into the enemy team at 50 minutes and lose. That does not mean you deserve to lose Elo if you did well. Keeping a positive attitude is literally the most useless thing you can do people dont care if you are nice and encouraging and talking to them like they are a 4 year old who cant handle criticism. They say "**** you noob u lose this game" and then throw it intentionally. You don't know what the fk you're talking about.
To me here is a prime example of not playing enough games...by your example of 1 person throwing the games at 50 minutes etc sounds like a very specific instance of what I'm guessing happened to you recently and your venting...

I have only just come back to LoL with this season still actually doing my 10 ranked games for placement and normally I rage like crazy ask any of my IRL mates...I always blamed everyone else but me...and honestly I am now taking a deeper look inwards. I want to do better and I know straight away **** i should have done this different or i knew i shouldnt have done that...etc...

I definitely want to change that attitude now...@OP...thank you sincerely.

Solany

02-04-2013

One fo my friend recently climbed ELO very fast. He told me once: "No matter how bad are my teammates, it's my fault if we lose. I have to carry every game or I'm bad." And sometimes he's really annoying cause he's never satisfied with his own gameplay, but I realized you only become pro if you think like this.

So yeah... People blaming teammates are just looking for excuses so they don't have to ask themselves what they're doing wrong.

LUS Montplaisir

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solany View Post
One fo my friend recently climbed ELO very fast. He told me once: "No matter how bad are my teammates, it's my fault if we lose. I have to carry every game or I'm bad." And sometimes he's really annoying cause he's never satisfied with his own gameplay, but I realized you only become pro if you think like this.

So yeah... People blaming teammates are just looking for excuses so they don't have to ask themselves what they're doing wrong.
>.> Buddy sounds like a prime team player. Good guy.

I like that somebody finally posted something like this up here. I'm in Bronze 4, so I know I'm garbage; thats why I'm there, I belong in that bracket and if I'm going to get out of there, I need to get better. My only real hope is that when/if I get out of bronze, I find a stronger, team-based community as opposed to individual losers who gripe about a team not being good enough. I recently played against a set of gold/diamond tier players, and holy hell, the skill gap.
One last bit to the people who say they've carried but still dropped 20 places. You didn't carry very hard. As a support Soraka, I only lost 13 points because I had a ton of assists; this new system does take into account, on a smaller scale, your level of competency and whether or not you actually played well in comparison to the winners.

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfury View Post
>.> Buddy sounds like a prime team player. Good guy.

I like that somebody finally posted something like this up here. I'm in Bronze 4, so I know I'm garbage; thats why I'm there, I belong in that bracket and if I'm going to get out of there, I need to get better. My only real hope is that when/if I get out of bronze, I find a stronger, team-based community as opposed to individual losers who gripe about a team not being good enough. I recently played against a set of gold/diamond tier players, and holy hell, the skill gap.
One last bit to the people who say they've carried but still dropped 20 places. You didn't carry very hard. As a support Soraka, I only lost 13 points because I had a ton of assists; this new system does take into account, on a smaller scale, your level of competency and whether or not you actually played well in comparison to the winners.
No it doesn't. Stop spreading bull****. Until you can provide me a signed Riot source saying that this occurs, it works exactly the same way as the Elo system - if your MMR is higher than the average, you gain less and lose more.

Holytank

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsthnsatn667 View Post
2. You're not that good. I'm not trying to insult you, but look at the one thing in common of people who ALWAYS blame only their teammates....Did you check? They're all low rated. Coincidence? I think not.
You've never watched TheRainMan play have you?

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holytank View Post
You've never watched TheRainMan play have you?
Except TRM generally knows what he's talking about, so he can point out mistakes from other players much more accurately than some 1k Elo scrub is going to be able to point out mistakes of other players.

He's an ass, too, though.

Helter Kremlin

02-04-2013

I love this post. It is what I have understood from the very beginning.

I never blame my team for anything. A lot of the time I can help them get back into the game. Not to say I don't have losing streaks, but I have winning streaks too.

Yeah, sometimes the enemy get's SO fed that you just can't stop the push, But I always try to figure out what I could have done better, what I did wrong, and how I can improve.

I have only improved over time. Yeah, I don't have a whole lot of wins in 5v5 or 3v3 (around 150 in both), but I have learned from all my losses, and I improve with every game.

I have become good enough that my friends who have over 1k wins that play ranked actually WANT to play with me, haha.