The Truth About Both Systems and Your Skill Level.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

So I'm going to directly quote someone on their Forum Post.

WelfareChecks made a forum post about how fun ELO Hell is, and directly said "I guess skill doesn't matter any in League."

He's referring, obviously, to the League of Legends game in general. And, like most people, he is making his dictation from how difficult it can be to win with trolls, feeders, AFK/DCs, and bads.

Here's the thing, that means all the pro players and Diamond league players are all just lucky 100% of the time, and that's how they got to the top, right? Exactly, no.

Are there downsides to the Elo system? Yes. Are there downsides to the New Ranked system? Yes. Should you be higher Elo because you got a troll, a feeder, an AFK, a DC, you went 15/0 but your team threw it, or whatever various reason? No.

To all those who complain all the time about teammates: 1. EVERYONE has to deal with it. Is there a larger frequency the lower your Elo/MMR? Yes, yes there is. It is harder the lower you go, and now that the game keeps increasing and has a lot more than it did two years ago.

2. You're not that good. I'm not trying to insult you, but look at the one thing in common of people who ALWAYS blame only their teammates....Did you check? They're all low rated. Coincidence? I think not.

3. The most important one. The rating systems aren't for casual players. Think of Major League Baseball. They play a TON of games. Sometimes the bad teams win a bunch, and sometimes the great teams lose a bunch. But they play so many games, that it averages out and fixates on what is proper. There are some exceptions, yes, but the largest majority of the time, because they play so many game and so many different teams (and multiple times) it's all gucci.

Sure it's not 100% the same, but the concept stands. If you play a couple games a week, you can't expect your ratings to change a whole bunch unless you are exceptional. You have to play a LOT, and I promise it will balance out.

If you play a bunch and then your rating is still low, and you still are blaming your teammates, I got breaking news. You're WRONG!

Now, how can this situation be addressed? There's a right way and a wrong way. You can keep blaming your teammates and your misfortune for your loss, and keep thinking you're better than everyone that plays the games. It's been working this whole time right? It will continue to work, and you'll soon be on your way out. NOT.

The better thing to do, would be to understand, whether you're as good as you claim you are or not, you aren't. You could be a REALLY good player, but you're not doing everything right. If you'e going 15/0, but still losing, you need to assess your talents differently. Get LOLRecorder and watch all your games. Go through it play by play and say "okay, had I gone here, I could have caught these 3 guys, got a triple kill, then every lane could have pushed" Solve for X,Y and Z, rinse and repeat. It helps, trust me.

Keep a positive attitude, it's important. Put things on yourself. Go watch Voyboy's stream, he helps everyone out a whole bunch. He loves his fans, and he thinks out loud and explains what he's doing, what he chooses, and why he does.

I say there are a lot of important things to do, but that's cause there are, and here's one more. FUNDAMENTALS. Just like every sport, what do coaches focus on, trick plays and super advanced tactics, or the fundamentals? Exactly. You can't expect to play like Voyboy and dive two people under their own turret with full health as an Akali with half health, kill them both, and hop to a minion for safety, if you can't do the basics right. Break things down, and practice the basics. The super advanced tricks aren't important. Focus on CS, position yourself properly, time everything, buffs, monsters, timers, everything. Once those are mastered, then put in a little bit of glitter and fancy stuff, while keeping the fundamentals down well.

I'm not a pro player, nor is my rating very high. Who am I to tell you how to play? Well, you don't have to listen, and that's fine. If you're here and you think that you deserve to be higher and everything is on your teammates and not you, keep it up, it's been working so far obviously, and it's not going to affect me any. I've been in the same situation until I got over my ego and kept looking how to improve myself. Has it made me a Plat Status player? no, but it has helped significantly.

TL;DR. It's not your teammates fault. Even if you ARE as good as you say, you can always be doing something better. Record your matches and go through them, and try to find out what you yourself could have done better personally. There's a reason the good players are always high in rating, and it;s not luck.

Sorry for the long post, I always go longer than I plan (giggity). I hope you like it, thanks for reading!

sergeantballsack

02-03-2013

" Should you be higher Elo because you got a troll, a feeder, an AFK, a DC, you went 15/0 but your team threw it, or whatever various reason?"
Yes actually, you should be higher Elo. I have played so many games where ive done well and my team argues and someone literally says in chat "I dont want you to win" so they walk into the enemy team at 50 minutes and lose. That does not mean you deserve to lose Elo if you did well. Keeping a positive attitude is literally the most useless thing you can do people dont care if you are nice and encouraging and talking to them like they are a 4 year old who cant handle criticism. They say "**** you noob u lose this game" and then throw it intentionally. You don't know what the fk you're talking about.

BouncingDonut

02-03-2013

if your truely good you can get out of the bad spots of this new system once you get to any division in silver it becomes more smooth trust me

Ninja Kamehameha

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeant******** View Post
" Should you be higher Elo because you got a troll, a feeder, an AFK, a DC, you went 15/0 but your team threw it, or whatever various reason?"
Yes actually, you should be higher Elo. I have played so many games where ive done well and my team argues and someone literally says in chat "I dont want you to win" so they walk into the enemy team at 50 minutes and lose. That does not mean you deserve to lose Elo if you did well. Keeping a positive attitude is literally the most useless thing you can do people dont care if you are nice and encouraging and talking to them like they are a 4 year old who cant handle criticism. They say "**** you noob u lose this game" and then throw it intentionally. You don't know what the fk you're talking about.
Geez, who the hell pissed in your Cheerios?

OP you're correct, I think this guy could learn something from you.

Hawkzile

02-03-2013

I Lol at this post. I have been paired game after game (exception of one or in which i sucked) with idiots who either suck or afk. And yes i try helping them out does it help? No way Jose. Pre Patch I lost 9 games consecutively due to people that were horrible/trollers/afkers. The match making system sucks they need to make it to where they match people with similar dcs/afks and their performance. I started off at Silver 4 after playing a couple games i dropped to Silver 5 for having terrible teams(one or 2 games i failed) now i win 2 lose 2, win 1 lose 1 . i am stuck in the same exact position why? because this system like playing russian roulette you can get really lucky and get a good team or get really unlucky and get a horrible team, simply a 50/50 chance.

Delete Teemo

02-03-2013

funny how people cry and moan about the games where they get trolled, yet forget the games where the enemy team got trolled, or when THEY got carried. It balances out. Actually, your team has less chance of trolls than the enemy's

xBlackie

02-03-2013

People need to just relax and calm down, they can't get a troll every game, just like the pros they had to have got there some how. If they are up there, you should just keep playing and trying to get as high as you can.

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phizzwiggle3 View Post
funny how people cry and moan about the games where they get trolled, yet forget the games where the enemy team got trolled, or when THEY got carried. It balances out. Actually, your team has less chance of trolls than the enemy's
It's true. But your last statement is only true given the circumstance that you yourself are not at any fault. If you aren't, then the other team has a 12% greater chance. If you are, then there's the reason they are there. Good stuff.

chousen

02-03-2013

"look at the one thing in common of people who ALWAYS blame only their teammates....Did you check? They're all low rated. Coincidence? I think not.
"

Um actually it's quite logical why people would run into infuratingly bad/ dcing/ afking trolls in the low ratings. It's no wonder people get stuck there. That much should be obvious, did I really have to point it out?

adc

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chousen View Post
"look at the one thing in common of people who ALWAYS blame only their teammates....Did you check? They're all low rated. Coincidence? I think not.
"

Um actually it's quite logical why people would run into infuratingly bad/ dcing/ afking trolls in the low ratings. It's no wonder people get stuck there. That much should be obvious, did I really have to point it out?
He's saying that the people who tend to blame things on their teammates rather than themselves are generally at a lower rating than others are. Or in other words - worse players tend to blame things on other people, instead of looking at their own faults.

But I guess you can keep on believing in your "Elo hell" or whatever you want to call it now that Elo is gone.