Fan Judgment: Viktor, the Machine Herald

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The McSmashy

02-03-2013

Candidate: Viktor
Date: Febuary 3rd, 23 CLE

The echoing sound of metallic footsteps filled the halls of the Institute of War. A few onlookers stayed close to the walls and doors, out of the way of the mechanized man. Most, however, weren't even present, afraid of the future of technology and humanity. Viktor strode up to the large, imposing doors leading to the chamber containing the Doors of Acceptance, stopping right in front of the sealed chamber. Part of his mind screamed out to blast the door into pieces, a full show of dominance and power to those who doubted his ability and worth. The cold, calculating mechanical part of his mind advised against it. He was here as an emissary and ambassador of his ideals and vision, not a conqueror burning a trail.

He could not, however, forget that he was in the middle of enemy territory, where detractors and nonbelievers ran rampant and terrified, like rats plaguing a church. All three hands stretched their fingers, metal on metal joints crackling and clanking, and a small squeeze to his staff was met with a hum of power and a small increase in brightness from the tip. Good, good. He pushed open the large double doors to the large chamber, striding in with his shoulders square and demeanor clear.

Viktor was met by a single man, aged and bearded, dripping with venerability. Their eyes locked in silence for a few seconds. Something pushed at Viktors mind, but met the cold, immovable wall of mechanical will.

"You had best watch your actions, foolish man." Viktor chided in echoing mechanical tones. "I do not take kindly to having my mind pried open like a mundane book, and were I of more violent disposition, I would erase you from your valued world without a thought."

"Then we have no need for you here." The man replied. "You are here to have yourself and your motives judged for the League of Legends to see. If you are unwilling to reveal your ambitions and desir-"

"Your arrogance knows no bounds!" The Machine Heralds voice boomed through the chamber, slamming the point of his staff against the ground. "I am not your student, here for a lecture. I am proof of my own genius and the power of my beliefs! If you wish to see my reasons and my ambitions, then you may ask. Be warned, though! Your blatant, yet failed, use of force does not speak well of your intentions."

The league emissary took a surprised step back before regaining his composure. "I-I... I see. I apologize, I got ahead of myself. Please, if you would, allow me to examine your past." He bowed his head in apology to Viktor, before straightening up, his face somber.

"As you wish." Viktor raised his staff above his head, the crystalline formation on the top shining brightly. With mechanical precision, he gave the staff a fast spin and slammed the base of the staff to the ground, the room erupting into white light, which receded into a laboratory.

"This, here, was what I believed would be my greatest creation. My moment of fame, stolen from me by a man I respected." Viktor waved his arm at the room, where a younger Viktor stood, alongside Professor Stanwick. Sitting on the table in front of them was Blitzcrank, gently bobbing up and down.

"Amazing, Viktor! Simply amazing!" Professor Stanwick leaned and prodded, examining the automaton in detail. "Fully automatized, cognizant..." He murmured with excitement, and the young Viktor visibly glowed with pride.

"I had done what was supposedly impossible." The mechanized Viktor spoke to the league examiner. "And I was proud of my creation. I was proud to show my value to the progression of science as a whole. But I was not cautious, and that was my downfall." With another wave of the hand, the scene changed. The laboratory was wrecked, the Golem was missing, and the younger Viktor was now frazzled and looked sleepless, and was accompanied by a larger group of other Scientists.

"You would do well to hold your comments, Viktor." One of the scientists chided. "Accusing your superiors of theft is a very dangerous course of action, especially one so well known as Professor Stanwick."

"You FOOLS! I designed the whole system! I engineered the sentience! I built the core, his heart! He was my work and my masterpiece, and now that someone has stolen fame and cast me into darkness, you dare tell me to hold my tongue?" The young Viktor spat, throwing papers from his table in anger.

"No, what we have here is a man who seeks to steal the fame of a respected scientist for his own. You have no scientific integrity, we will not abide by your ravings. You have one day to clear your belongings before we burn them." Viktor lashed at the speaker, but was restrained by the others there. He screamed bloody curses and swore on their graves as the vision receded, leaving Viktor and the examiner back in the spacious room in the Institute of War.

"Do you seek vengeance on Professor Stanwick?" The examiner asked, his hands sliding into his pockets. "Are you here to exact your revenge for having your work stolen?"

"I am not so petty, examiner." Viktor replied, his fingers clicking against his staff. "I am here to prove the brilliance of my own mind and creations. I will prove that my work, and my genius, overcomes all and surpasses all that dare to call themselves 'Scientists.' And when their best works are smouldering piles of scrap, and their brightest minds feel dull and lifeless compared to the genius of my design, then they will recognize my brilliance. They will see who was the real mind behind the Steam Golem. But no, that is not my goal. It is simply just desserts after I prove my beliefs and abilities against the greatest this land has to offer."

Viktor did not even wait for the examiner to reply. He strode forward with purpose, not even pausing as he approached the Doors of Acceptance. They started to glow and swung open for the approaching man, who showed not a single ounce of surprise.

"Soon, they will ALL see the glory I have to offer them. But first, they will feel the dejection of utter defeat at my hands."

Pikacondon

02-04-2013

THIS

JUST
THIS

This looks very official. Very good work!

The McSmashy

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikacondon View Post
THIS

JUST
THIS

This looks very official. Very good work!
Thanks! I headcanon a lot of things, to me Viktor isn't a crazy technopriest mad on converting people, he's a rightfully superior inventor and scientist proving to people just how much better he is. If you've ever read any Megaman comics, he's like the non-saturday morning cartoon Dr Wiley. The one who is an unparalleled genius, who isn't there to cause destruction but to prove his intellect through force. In Megaman Gigamix, he gives Light the best lecture on going back on your own beliefs ever. Freaking sold him to me as a character on the spot.

Statutory Vape

04-18-2014

tell you how amazing this is how vivid the whole story was in my mind.
Viktor is by far my favorite champ, alongside xerath.

Thank you for this

The Red Warden

04-18-2014

Viktor is always 'viktor'ious

Mogarl

04-21-2014

I like this this is nice.