Doran Stacking...needs to be changed!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ducktales

10-24-2010

Hey guys Ducktales here to simply ask for something that obviously needs to be changed. This is doran's stacking, the simple concept of buying 3 doran's blade in order to give you insane health boost eh damage and some decent life steal. Though this is laughable the first time you see it I can definitely tell you that it is not something to laugh about.

The simple concept of doing this to a hero like miss fortune simply makes it almost impossible to kill her early game. Before I sound like a typical 10 year old saying QQQQQQQQQQ, let me explain my logic behind this. The way this game is trying to balance itself is though exploiting a weakness of other characters such as miss fortune.

Miss fortune's main weakness from the early levels is the fact that she pretty much has a very low life pool to compliment the amount of high and decent lane control that she has. Now, if you stack three doran's blade (which is not that hard btw because they are dirt cheap) you give her 360 addition health 18 damage (which is a ton in the laning phase) and 12% lifesteal (which doesn't look like much but on her double up ability, which is amazing enough on its own, now gives her 64+ and 84+ health when the animation is done. Yeah unless you pull 3 people good luck trying to kill her.) And when you do that you team looses experience and gold (even if you have 1 jungle especially if you dont kill her which will happen most of the time without 3 stuns).

This is not only on miss fortune, this is also a problem with other champions who's weakness is health aka (ashe tristana etc.) So when the main weakness of a hero is removed that early in the game than the hero is no longer balanced. I know that balance is a top priority at RIOT and they have been doing an awesome job so far. However, this issue needs to be addressed. Now I'm not going to be an child and just leave you guys with a problem like most people. Some easy ways of fixing this problem would simply be to make the entire item unique. I'm not stating to remove the item, I'm stating to take away the stacking that make heroes imbalanced in the laning phase. Thank you RIOT for your time and keep the great work going.

DUCKTALES WOOOHOOO

putting this up again because trollers tried to close the first one...thank you

dragonbayne

10-24-2010

Nerf dorans stacks nao!

nvmvoidrays

10-24-2010

that was an awesome show.

chaito

10-24-2010

Wow, again? it takes some balls ill tell you that. I mean i agree with this but ****.

Friend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

10-24-2010

And again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend
So you're getting an early game advantage (building items that give good base stats, but don't build into anything) by trading away a late game advantage (being behind the people who farmed up expensive items). Alright then.

Sulfox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

Yeah seriously, stacking blades on heroes can be BS and makes their lane capabilities soo much stronger.

Politburo

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducktales View Post
Miss fortune's main weakness from the early levels is the fact that she pretty much has a very low life pool to compliment the amount of high and decent lane control that she has.
i saw a post a while ago that broke it down and said that MF's base health is higher than a lot of tanks'

the stacking itself is fine (i think)

gwap

10-24-2010

if you look at your post sideways its kind of like 4 skyscrapers

GoldenPlum

10-24-2010

Again,
Thought I was being trolled when this happened to me but turned out to be quiet effective.
And lol@ post above me.

Goonswarm

10-24-2010

Making them unique would be stupid, they build into nothing.