Who to ban and why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MinaGlaca

02-04-2013

So I've recently started playing ranked and I would like to know who to ban and why.
I've seen people ban Blitzcrank, Amumu, Shen, Darius, Ezreal, Malphite and even Teemo.

SeCKS Egai

02-04-2013

Blitz - rocketgrab and generally a strong bottom lane presence. Also can initiate team fights from relative safety.

Amumu - ult can be game changing but is very mana dependent

Shen - best split pusher in game and can teleport to allies with ult, as well as turn a 1 v 1 into a 2v1 very quickly.

Malphite - Ult is great for initiating team fights, natural hard counter for ad carries (or ad in general really)

Those are typical

The next 3, not so common

Darius has the "endless" ult and punishes people for extended fights with him - not a common ban

Ezreal - strong lane presence and the best mobility of any adc really. His long range poke makes him hard to zone out while his mobility gives him even more range to poke or evade as needed

Teemo - plenty of folks hate teemo - but his mushrooms can provide free map vision and kill off retreating enemies - he's someone I consider banning but will usually fill the slot with khazix

Ippii

02-04-2013

Amumu
Shen
Malph

Normally when i play i ban cho garen to get rid of every annoying tank.

Also banning is strategy, if I'm second pick and the first ban is lulu i also do a troll ban to try and secure two op people for my team in exchange for 1, or usually no op.