Doran Stacking...needs to be changed!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snufleupagus

10-24-2010

I don't understand how this doran's stacking stuff works... Most of the time when I recall I'll have enough for boots and / or a core item, and when I do end up with 300-400 gold I just buy an elixir for some supreme baiting... I don't see why doran's stacking is so popular right now

nvmvoidrays

10-24-2010

wow, are people really this ****ing dumb?

just... wow.

they spent extra gold on buying items that don't build into anything. you'll get your full items sooner, unless you stupidly let the ranged carry farm all game unopposed.

if you do, you deserve to lose.

dragonbayne

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by r431 View Post
then buy another elixir.
YEAH, keep wasting your hard earned cash on elixers, lets see how you end up endgame spamming elixers all game...

Friend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

10-24-2010

So you're getting an early game advantage (building items that give good base stats, but don't build into anything) by trading away a late game advantage (being behind the people who farmed up expensive items). Alright then.

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by r431 View Post
no to op because I love exploting Doran stacking to pwn Malady rushing noobs.
*Sigh* Everyone forgets the patchnotes.

Ducktales

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizel View Post
ducktales, you have to consider that in buying 3 doran's blades, that MF is wasting 870 gold she could be using to get a much better item for her such as a BF sword or a mana mune. So lets say that your opposing MF DOES get 3 doran's blades. Your 2 options are to Feed her 3 times in a row and give her back the money she used up or you can NOT feed her once, play it safe, then laugh at her when you have superior itemization while she is still 870 gold short of what she needs.
great point arizel, however take this under consideration. She now has the doran's blade and though you consider it a waste she now has infinite pushing potential and the ability to harass knowing that you can't harass back cause the only way to counter doran's stacking is by also doran's stacking. Now remember this is 1v1 solo mid who's going to win, the 1 person who has the ability to last hit with no worries..or the other one who can try to go in for a last hit but risk getting doubled up and nukes...remember a mf that knows she has to the advantage will be smart and stay in front of YOUR creeps to prevent you from levels and gold. =p