Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Doran Stacking...needs to be changed!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ducktales

10-24-2010

Quote:
Radion Plus:
Okay, let me grab my elixirs, then I'll 1v1 your Doran's

remember that I'm talking about the laning phase...not the whole game, I can care less what a carry has late game because they deserve what they have. Now if you do have an elixar (which only lasts 4 minutes compared to a permanent doran's blade) I know you won't win. Why? because you have a time limit compared to doran's stacking, the time limit is infinite. Sorry, nice one though =p

Competence

10-24-2010

Quote:
Ducktales:

Miss fortune's main weakness from the early levels is the fact that she pretty much has a very low life pool to compliment the amount of high and decent lane control that she has.

.... Pretty much highest HP/level ranged carry. What.

Arizel

10-24-2010

ducktales, you have to consider that in buying 3 doran's blades, that MF is wasting 870 gold she could be using to get a much better item for her such as a BF sword or a mana mune. So lets say that your opposing MF DOES get 3 doran's blades. Your 2 options are to Feed her 3 times in a row and give her back the money she used up or you can NOT feed her once, play it safe, then laugh at her when you have superior itemization while she is still 870 gold short of what she needs.

r431

10-24-2010

Quote:
Ducktales:
remember that I'm talking about the laning phase...not the whole game, I can care less what a carry has late game because they deserve what they have. Now if you do have an elixar (which only lasts 4 minutes compared to a permanent doran's blade) I know you won't win. Why? because you have a time limit compared to doran's stacking, the time limit is infinite. Sorry, nice one though =p

then buy another elixir.

Japanadian

10-24-2010

i dont' think MF has a low lifepool, with no defensive masteries, with HP quints and a dorans blade she has more hp than most tanks. if they stack dorans, just farm creeps and buy real items, then attack them.

FoxieVixen

10-24-2010

Ehh Tristana has pretty high base HP and multiple escapes, not really her weakness.
In any case, if MF is stacking dorans it means she isn't stacking items that build into something useful outside of early game.

Rivade

10-24-2010

I both agree and disagree.

I really hate seeing stacking Doran's items. But not because it's overpowered, because it's a sell out.... they don't build into anything and if the game progresses long enough, those who just went straight for full builds will do better in the end.

However, it -does- give an advantage earlier on, usually. This means that a good team who's facing a Doran stacker (or multiple ones), will play really cautiously and continue farming, extending the laning phase by quite a bit. Which means longer games, unnecessarily so.

s4p2

10-24-2010

Used to go 2x avarice on Twitch.

Then I saw the 3x Doran's blade method, and I'm lovin' it.

chaito

10-24-2010

Quote:
r431:
then buy another elixir.

BTW once you buy another elixir i would have 2 dorans wich is more health damage and life steal than you would ever have with a SINGLE ELIXIR.

Lucchinii

10-24-2010

Quote:
r431:
no to op because I love exploting Doran stacking to pwn Malady rushing noobs.

Malady isn't bad anymore dumb****.
You're so **** stupid bro. Go back to your corner.