@morello: blitzcrank...please

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jebus

02-04-2013

As someone who was also playing blitz last season, before he became big, I have to agree with this. I played from 700 elo to like, 1300 almost fully on the back of blitz. Playing him this season is brutal. Grabs don't even pull a flash from the enemy a lot of the time. I feel useless in lane a lot of the time unless someones ganking. Taking his base HP down was fine because of the mana shield, but the nerfing of the shield took away almost any ability I have to dmg soak for my adc or bait without getting crushed.

SearchBlueWaffle

02-04-2013

I think the point of this thread is that riot tends to buff a champ that was already balanced. Then nerf him to below his original balanced state when they realized they made a mistake with the buff.

If anything, you should just return blitzcrank to when he wasn't played often (the pre-buffs).

IS1499b7451e02f41f2e03d

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebus911 View Post
As someone who was also playing blitz last season, before he became big, I have to agree with this. I played from 700 elo to like, 1300 almost fully on the back of blitz. Playing him this season is brutal. Grabs don't even pull a flash from the enemy a lot of the time. I feel useless in lane a lot of the time unless someones ganking. Taking his base HP down was fine because of the mana shield, but the nerfing of the shield took away almost any ability I have to dmg soak for my adc or bait without getting crushed.
"My 20 second cooldown ability can't force a 300 second cooldown summoner spell whenever I hit, this champion is rubbish now "

LargeSnorlax

02-04-2013

Blitz has not been strong for a while - He is banned mostly because of some leftover scare tactic from season 2 for some reason.

I played hundreds of games of blitz in season 2. Maybe 2 games of blitz in s3 - Both of which were lackluster. He's simply not very strong any more, unless you're talking about kicking him around in sub 1000 elo play - Then he's a beast still. To be fair, anything is there though.

iSpencer

02-04-2013

Imo, blitz in his current state is only an viable if the enemy is running an incredibly weak early game bot lane (something like soraka/ashe or vayne), or you have specific plans with your jungler or mid to camp the lane. When you nerf the base stats on a champion who's only job early game is engaging, the lane will just get demolished unless you have the ability to win engagements. If the opposing bot lane has any sort of strong poke/sustain/all in, you will have an incredibly difficult time exerting lane pressure as Blitzcrank.

Sure, his abilities are always game changing late game, but sacrificing your adc's early game is never worth it.

IS1499b7451e02f41f2e03d

02-04-2013

bump because Morello is lurking

MegaDancer

02-06-2013

i wish people at least stopped banning him. Hes weak but hes my favorite champion, i simply want to play him again

Niqhtmare x

04-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Just to be honest, this is the first I've heard about Blitzcrank being too weak. Some of that is being less involved with live balance, but it's just surprising.

He's weaker than he used to be is obviously true. I just don't know if someone with that core skillset has the ability to be weak (maybe out-of-flavor?) unless we absolutely gutted him - which I don't see a trend of overall.
You laughed at me when I told you blitzcrank was not viabl! Now you see the evidence before your eyes. You guys have absolutely gutted him.
He is not viable in high elo anymore. He is only viable as a low elo pubstomper.

Niqhtmare x

04-23-2013

blitzcrank

prozak82

04-23-2013

it would be nice if his grab didnt take literally half his mana. hell a full combo with ult takes like 3/4ths of his mana