@morello: blitzcrank...please

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Niqhtmare x

02-03-2013

Remember over a year ago, when nobody played blitz?
Well, I was one of the only people who played blitz.
I had over 400 games with him in plat+ solo queue (diamond wasnt even out yet), and I thought he was a perfectly balanced champion.

Then, for some reason, you guys thought you needed to buff him, so he would see competitive play. You gave him all this mana cost reduction q stuff, mana regen buff, hook damage buff and ratio buff.
I was EXTEMELY against this, but you guys don't listen to some random high elo solo queuer (im sure my old posts are still out there somewhere).
You guys continued to buff him, without listening to one of the only people who had massive experience with blitzcrank in high elo before: me!

Fast forward one year later, you guys realized hes too strong, forum qq, and nerfed his base stats and he is now weaker than his original state back when nobody played him.
BLITZCRANK IS EXTREMELY UNVIABLE RIGHT NOW.

What do I think needs to happen to blitzcrank?
-make mana shield a big part of his survivability
-increase max mana (only by a little bit), lower mana regen
-nerf his hook in terms of damage
-revert his powerfist back to doing magic damage
-buff his base stats a little bit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: heres some bait
morello phreak blitzcrank op blitzcrank up
(yes, the bait worked)

edit2: i believe according to some random thread, i had the second most blitzcrank games played in season 2
i was 272-165 (62.2%)
(427 games played)

edit3: my responses to morello:
pg 3
pg 8

TonyStewartsTire

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niqhtmare x View Post
Remember over a year ago, when nobody played blitz?
Well, I was one of the only people who played blitz.
I had over 400 games with him in plat+ solo queue (diamond wasnt even out yet), and I thought he was a perfectly balanced champion.

Then, for some reason, you guys thought you needed to buff him, so he would see competitive play. You gave him all this mana cost reduction q stuff, mana regen buff.
I was EXTEMELY against this, but you guys don't listen to some random high elo solo queuer (im sure my old posts are still out there somewhere).
You guys continued to buff him, without listening to one of the only people who had massive experience with blitzcrank in high elo before: me!

Fast forward one year later, you guys realized hes too strong, forum qq, and nerfed his base stats and he is now weaker than his original state back when nobody played him.
THIS is exactly what I did not want to happen.

What do I think needs to happen to blitzcrank?
His base stats need buffing, and his powerfist (e) needs to do magic damage again.
His mana costs are fine, but if you had to change it, I would suggest increasing max mana, and lowering mana regen.
Welcome to being an Evelynn main.

EDIT - Upvoted because I know how you feel. I've personally always though Crank was balanced as well and I never play him.

Auspexa

02-03-2013

I always stated that Blitz is OP, especially as a bruiser.

My S1 stats,

http://i48.tinypic.com/wtiqb.jpg

I had 432493499823 threads about Blitzcrank and how to fix him but Riot just keeps ignoring. It's just too obvious how amateur they are at balancing champions. I'm tired of trying to change something in a positive way. You should stop too.

Downvote me if it makes you feel good lol. There I gave you proof. I have more than 700 ranked games as blitzcrank above 1800, you obviously don't know better than me.

Shadily

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackaJack View Post
Welcome to being an Evelynn main.

EDIT - Upvoted because I know how you feel. I've personally always though Crank was balanced as well and I never play him.
The feels.

FootPatrol

02-03-2013

the only thing strong about blitz is the grab knock up silence

XylemUP

02-03-2013

Blitz is fine no matter how nerfed he gets.... As someone who mained blitz for a good 200 games, I know for a fact that the damage you deal really doesn't matter. You should be building tank anyways.

Blitzcrank is for grabbing into engaging. When I play him, I grab some poor sucka, knock them up, and then run towards the rest of the enemy team to attempt to force them to blow ults/cc on me.

Niqhtmare x

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XylemUP View Post
Blitz is fine no matter how nerfed he gets.... As someone who mained blitz for a good 200 games, I know for a fact that the damage you deal really doesn't matter. You should be building tank anyways.

Blitzcrank is for grabbing into engaging. When I play him, I grab some poor sucka, knock them up, and then run towards the rest of the enemy team to attempt to force them to blow ults/cc on me.
the damage you deal is incredibly important EARLY GAME
but i will agree with you, damage is meaningless late game

Auspexa

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niqhtmare x View Post
the damage you deal is incredibly important EARLY GAME
but i will agree with you, damage is meaningless late game
Unless you build it like me. I stopped maining Blitz after they nerfed the passive although I have almost 800 games with Blitzcrank.

DemothHymside

02-03-2013

I hate it when they alter a champ that doesn't need altering according to all player levels, but they ignore it, buff/nerf, and then 6 months later break the character because they can't figure out what to do.

I love Riot, and I'm not saying I could do a better job, but then again, it's NOT my job.

Niqhtmare x

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemothHymside View Post
I hate it when they alter a champ that doesn't need altering according to all player levels, but they ignore it, buff/nerf, and then 6 months later break the character because they can't figure out what to do.

I love Riot, and I'm not saying I could do a better job, but then again, it's NOT my job.
agreed.

1234511 ... 13