So.... they're melee-dps, not a carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akiyuri

10-24-2010

Met a guy that called mid as akali and refuses to go anywhere else.
I was annie so "obviously" I shouldn't mid if akali's there.
He fed.

But the point is he said:
annie is a caster (well yes she is) and nuke is not a category.
Xin and olaf are not carries but melee-dps.
Carry is some champion protected by the team
you see akali everywhere in high elo games according to his 1500 solo queue elo

Really?

JonnyThinkChamp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

Akali is an awesome mid, and will hyper carry for centuries if you let her mid. Aaaaaaaand then I woke up.

/thread.

Mikhal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyThinkChamp View Post
Akali is an awesome mid, and will hyper carry for centuries if you let her mid. Aaaaaaaand then I woke up.

/thread.
Except in this case that Akali was a bad one /thread.

Well, to OP, people have their off days... I know I have mine all too often, but don't let it affect you.

Lemmiwinks00

10-24-2010

Akali is epic when played properly
Olaf and Xin are not carries

I can mid with annie and kill anyone who ganks me

Eliroo

10-24-2010

Akali can't Carry. End of story. TBH she can do mid and if I was playing Annie I'd rather hit up a lane but if I had a choice of akali mid vs Annie mid I'd Pick annie. I find that when I lane with Akali I tend to get more kills as opposed to my mid with akali. Her lack of range on her Q really limits her to last hits and almost always ends in turret hugging but once she hits 6 and grabs a sheen she ran tear apart any ranged carry/Nuke

NessOnett

10-24-2010

From my experience, A "Carry" is someone who is the most fed person on your team by far, the most dangerous person for the other team, getting the kills, and who the rest of the team should protect(unless they are a tank carry, in which case they can protect themselves).

I have carried on Amumu, Nasus, Kassadin, etc. it's less about the character and more about the game. Some characters make exceptionally bad carries because of design(poppy is a good example), but can still carry in a pinch if they fed enough.

tl;dr high damage output, many kills, biggest threat

Akiyuri

10-24-2010

well that was the first time i saw an akali mid tbh. and weirdly enough he was midding against nunu. personally think that akali is more of an anti-carry and anti-squishies. That was the weirdest mid scene I've ever encountered.

that akali refused lane switching when nunu was hitting our mid turret like no one was there.

Apoteosis

10-24-2010

Olaf is not a carry... Brolaf is!

deyvetown

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
From my experience, A "Carry" is someone who is the most fed person on your team by far, the most dangerous person for the other team, getting the kills, and who the rest of the team should protect(unless they are a tank carry, in which case they can protect themselves).

I have carried on Amumu, Nasus, Kassadin, etc. it's less about the character and more about the game. Some characters make exceptionally bad carries because of design(poppy is a good example), but can still carry in a pinch if they fed enough.

tl;dr high damage output, many kills, biggest threat
Obviously anyone can carry given the right meal of delicious kills . . however there are certain champs who are designated carries because they can easily feed, farm and then rape the enemy team guaranteed almost every game. They're usually identified by an epic farming ability (i.e, MF, Mord, Ashe, , Heimerdinger, Ryze to an extent (decent carry, but there are a lot better farming champs out there), etc.)

I've carried quite a few games with Shen (a couple happened because the two ranged-casters for some reason didn't want to mid and I somehow ended up there, thank **** for vorpal blade, lol) and reigned tanky-ninja-death on multiple enemies . . . however, Shen is in no way an actual carry. Like, no way would I ever take mid unless it was refused by the ranged (and Mord didn't want it XD).

Generally, carries are ranged, but there are a few exceptions to that rule. But it's almost crucial that you have at least one ranged ability, otherwise you'll be gold starved for last-hits cause you won't be able to stay near the wave.

November Terra

10-24-2010

Akali can mid just fine. You just played with a bad one.

/thread.