Am I the only one who thinks the Tribunal isn't broken at all ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geleh

02-03-2013

EDIT: The title should be «Tribunal is far from broken» rather than «not broken at all»

Critics say: duh you can just punish-spam and get above 85% accuracy

I say: True, but I use the tribunal very seriously, reading the logs of all 5 games before judging. A vast majority of cases are worthy of punishment.

The Tribunal isn't perfect, but here is one important point: judges gain nothing (35 IP is nothing) from the Tribunal, so I think it's fair to state that most of the people who use it are well intended.

So if you want to troll the Tribunal saying it's broken while still getting good scores, go ahead and enjoy your empty life.
But there are measures to compensate for people who do this: a case is reviewed by more than 1 judge

Most of the time (it's nothing scientific, but I'd say 80% of the time), the players's reasons for reporting are legitimate and therefore, the result will be a punishment. So 80% or more punish-spam isn't broken, it only shows that the Tribunal is generally used in a correct way

Plus, one measure I highly appreciated when I began judging is the «skip» option. I was sure when to punish, but not sure when to pardon, so I skipped some cases, saw the sentence and it gave me some reference poles for other cases. You can even keep track of all your cases to be fair and compare your votes. Genius !

Tribunal is one of the features I like the most on all time in my video game record

Now, what measures could make the Tribunal better ? In my opinion (and this is completely debatable) when a sentence is only decided by a «majority» of judges, it shouldn't be applied. I'd say only «strong» majority» and «overwhelming majority» should be applied. There should be some sort of «tie» option, but that's just an opinion dont mind it too much

Fudouri

02-03-2013

Actually, I think you may be the only person who says its isn't broken. Well at least flawed in various aspects.

For example, pre and post game chats is something everyone (including riot) would agree should be added.

You can't really argue that judges gain nothing and so must be well intended. The other side of the argument is like "you gain nothing from raging, yet ragers still rage".

My point being, both sides have to try and see the other sides viewpoint. That is the only way to quell these problems.

Geleh

02-03-2013

Quote: For example, pre and post game chats is something everyone (including riot) would agree should be added.

R: I agree. When a complain is about the lobby, I either skip the case or see if other games are guilty

Quote: You can't really argue that judges gain nothing and so must be well intended. The other side of the argument is like "you gain nothing from raging, yet ragers still rage".

R: What do judges gain ? Except a few points of IP and reconaissance from the community? Given that humans are individualistic, it takes some really well intented thoughts to litteraly loose time to make the game better

Quote: My point being, both sides have to try and see the other sides viewpoint. That is the only way to quell these problems

R: I agree, but I think you'll also agree that such a system would be too long, heavy...
I think that the Tribunal generally works and if you behave well you won't have any problems. If you were the victime of an outrageous mistake or over-harsh judgement, you can always post something on this forum or create a ticket, no ?

Fudouri

02-03-2013

They've gain the feeling they've done right.
They've gained the feeling of empowerment.

Why do people troll? they gain nothing from it other than enjoyment as well. Yet it happens.
Point being that you cannot just assume good intentions (nor can you assume bad intentions).

btw - Also, don't get IP anymore.

LittleDi

02-03-2013

I don't think the tribunal is perfect. I think it's at a level of insanity accuracy. If the Tribunal's accuracy could be applied to medicine today we'd have cures for the common cold in 5 years or less.