Level 20 Challenge

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IIWaLsHII

02-03-2013

How often are level 20 challenges handed out? My account was permanently banned after use of it without my consent/awareness. Account deserves to be banned, but I would like to defend myself and participate in the level 20 challenge to prove I'm not a toxic player, and rather a person subject to a series of unfortunate events that resulted in myself coming back from a break only to find my account has been banned for 3 months.

WTB > Level 20 Challenge

Edit: Well, someone just came in to downvote my posts. Thank you for the criticism.

Regardless, the argument against the level 20 challenge is that 97% of those who take it fail, and provide a bad experience. This is why they wouldn't give the level 20 challenge.. But the question now becomes, will not giving the challenge reduce toxicity?

No. It will only promote it, after you realize 'my account is gone' most summoners would be negative, thus impacting their usual jargon and possibly resulting in more toxicity than if they were given a chance to prove their reformed behavior.

Would you not agree with my logic?

I'm simply asking to prove that *I* personally did not deserve the permanent ban. My account was used without my consent, but that still falls as my responsibility. So I am not asking to remove the ban, but rather to be given a chance to prove my innocence.

Getsuei

02-03-2013

Quote:
The player behavior team has been working with our Player Support to ensure that we never encourage toxic players to make a new account. There are no more "Last Chance" programs or "Second Chance" programs, we simply don't want toxic players to play our game--especially after they've been given half a dozen or more chances.

Bans are not the ideal solution and we know this; however, for the short-term, permanent bans are better than nothing because we are still taking away a player's runes/champions and time. We'll be working on alternatives to bans in the future.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...20329#33420329

IIWaLsHII

02-03-2013

Quote:
I'm 100% certain that Pendragon has given out level 20 challenges, in which you must get to lvl20 without amassing a report I believe?

Regardless, that quote was in regards to whether or not Riot benefits from the permanent banning of others, in which they obviously do, but may or may not actually be the reason they ban summoners. This isn't for my judgment to call, nor do I care, but that is what the quote was a rebuttal towards.

Getsuei

02-03-2013

Pendragon used to give out the level 20 challenge. They do not do that anymore. Best of luck on you if you choose to make a second account or if you choose a different game to play.

Fanaticmogg

02-03-2013

The level 20 challenge was discontinued a while ago. The idea behind it was that toxic players would get one last chance to prove that they had changed for the better, but in 95% of cases they failed the test, so Riot decided that the setup was just encouraging unwanted players to return to the game.

Since your account was hijacked, try contacting Support. I dunno if they can do anything to help you, but it's worth a try.

IIWaLsHII

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsuei View Post
Pendragon used to give out the level 20 challenge. They do not do that anymore. Best of luck on you if you choose to make a second account or if you choose a different game to play.
Logically speaking, do you agree with discontinuing the level 20 challenge? Do you think it reduces toxicity, increases it, or remains the same?

IIWaLsHII

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticmogg View Post
The level 20 challenge was discontinued a while ago. The idea behind it was that toxic players would get one last chance to prove that they had changed for the better, but in 95% of cases they failed the test, so Riot decided that the setup was just encouraging unwanted players to return to the game.

Since your account was hijacked, try contacting Support. I dunno if they can do anything to help you, but it's worth a try.
The account was hijacked for a total of 3-4 months and I found out 3 months after the permanent ban. So yesterday.

I tried appealing to support but, alas, they did not read the ticket and acknowledge the extraneous circumstances, but rather said (and I'm paraphrasing) "your account deserved the ban, we will not lift it"

Regardless, the level 20 challenge does not increase toxicity, and even if it helps only 3-5% Riot has said themselves they want justice... Thus it would be assumed if the Level 20 Challenge does not harm the community then it would be used as a last ditch effort to figure out whether the ban was worthy or not. As I said in the OP, the level 20 challenge does NOT increase toxicity, because most people will simply remake an account and spread more problems because of their current dissatisfaction with the results of their ban(no last chance).

Fudouri

02-03-2013

Actually, you forgot int he 97% failures, that was a lot of toxic games reintroduced into the game. And so the belief (rightly or wrong) is that it actually does increase toxicity overall.

meadow

02-03-2013

The level 20 challenge has been revoked ages ago.

IIWaLsHII

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudouri View Post
Actually, you forgot int he 97% failures, that was a lot of toxic games reintroduced into the game. And so the belief (rightly or wrong) is that it actually does increase toxicity overall.
I'd like to know how this is contrary to just allowing those players to stay banned, and then remake an account only to verbally berate real new-comers. Even a player who has reformed would be very sour, wouldn't you agree? Thus, instead of avoiding that ONE PERSON who might have reformed, those level 1's will have to deal with that person who is now scornfully abusing his team. Logically speaking, the level 20 challenge is more than justified.

Regardless, I don't understand the downvotes. I haven't said anything rude or otherwise. Hell, I didn't even earn the permanent ban, but I am accepting my failure to keep my account confidential. I would just like to discuss Riot Policy without blind/bitter-partisanship.