Xerath- Passive rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leaf of the lake

02-04-2013

Let me get this straight OP. You want to remove a passive that makes xerath deceptively tanky, which mitigates the problem of people trying to dive him, while replacing it with an ability that barely increases his damage and only goes off every 40 to 50 spells? Have you ever actually played this game, or do you just hate xerath and want to give him the most useless passive in the game?

To elaborate, no one except tanks build enough magic resist for xerath to even want to do true damage in the first place. His W gives him 40% magic pen. With runes, masteries, and sorc shoes, he's already doing nearly true damage to the enemy carries (assuming MR/Lv glyphs, a typical 30 -> 55 MR carry will be reduced to only 7 MR). If he builds any other penetration whatsoever (void staff or liandry's torment, basically), he will be effectively doing true damage. Annie gets a stun every five spells, and every 40 to 50, xerath gets something he already builds anyway? GG.

Xlan59

02-04-2013

I understand where you're coming from, especially considering that his passive was pasted on last minute. because is old passive was so op. Although, his current passive is fine. Plus he has enough pen with a void and pen boots he basically does true damage late game.

Deleven

02-04-2013

if i could change 1 thing about xerath, i would add 0.01 to the ap ratio on his q. i am always just barely not able to one-shot the caster minons no matter how much ap i seem to get

GiottoXIII

02-04-2013

xerath getting that kind of a passive would make him utterly useless and given his mpen from locus and runes/ items/etc... ur essentialy dealing true damage... the current fault of him right now is he requires too much team coordination to be truly effective in solo Q or random normals... unless u know ur bringing a buncha friends with u to pubstomp ... u generally wont be able to utilize xerath and quite a few other champions to their full effect

masterdragon481

02-04-2013

Okay lets do this again. There are a thousand posts about xerath and his need for help from riot. Be it his passive or his mechanics themselves, xerath is not in a good place. I have posted many times on many xerath threads because like a lot of us here, I freaken love xerath. I am also im the process of making a rather extensive analysis of what I believe to be wrong with him, though I haven't posted it yet.

People saying Xerath's passive is ****: You are wrong. Its a phenomenal passive. Free armor while you build damage is pretty awesome.

People saying that the passive is good with the rise of ad casters, you are also wrong. The highest early game AP i have seen is 35 which would give you a whole 5 armor. Now as a caster, you are generally not running any other armor anywhere (ie not in masteries nor runes) so the ad caster that is building for armor pen, going to build a last whisper and perhaps a black cleaver on top of that, isn't going to care about your passive in the slightest. They will always be able to build up more damage and armor pen that you will armor based off this passive.

The bigger problem is that as a xerath, if you are actually utilizing this passive, you have already failed in your role. Xerath's game is his long range, if someone has closed the gap and you are forced to say good thing i have all that armor, you should have died. This passive would be excellent on a champion like diana or rumble, who needs/wants to be in the center of team fights. It should not be on a champion that is suppose to be fighting out of range of every other champion in the game.

That being said, there are a lot of other problems with xerath, enough that when compared to a champion like, i dont know, lux, makes you question why you are playing xerath. Lux is everything xerath wishes he could be, without nearly as many drawbacks.