Elo Hell is FUN!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Your Grace

02-03-2013

I guess that skill has nothing to do with league, and people who constantly troll and DC deserve to be able to constantly ruin my games, I gotta love getting people who are just terrible every game and then seeing "you have been moved to bronze 2"
This isn't a team based game, let alone a skill based game, this is a luck based game. I just hope riot starts caring about people stuck in elo hell and fixed the matchmaking system. It's good that I can try my heart out in a game and still lose as many points as the person who is doing literally nothing.
The system is so jacked up right now that it's just not a fun game.

Desperate Izzy

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelfareChecks View Post
I guess that skill has nothing to do with league, and people who constantly troll and DC deserve to be able to constantly ruin my games, I gotta love getting people who are just terrible every game and then seeing "you have been moved to bronze 2"
This isn't a team based game, let alone a skill based game, this is a luck based game. I just hope riot starts caring about people stuck in elo hell and fixed the matchmaking system. It's good that I can try my heart out in a game and still lose as many points as the person who is doing literally nothing.
The system is so jacked up right now that it's just not a fun game.
feel the same way, but the better you can carry the more luck you might have of winning, so in a set of mind skill does mean a lot...thing is i didn't know how to carry, just hold my own weight and not make dumb mistakes. unfortunately doing so means you might get paired up with people who can't hold their own weight, and if no one can hold his/her weight than the game is basically lost because of people that can't hold their own weight. recently i've been able to carry my games, but in the instance where more than one lane feeds, well it just becomes too much weight to carry.

Shukarhazh

02-03-2013

Quote:
At least you're off the bottom. I'm stuck at Bronze 5.... managed to get a promotion series, won the first game... then lost the next two games. That was far, far, FAR more demoralizing than the old system. And I have to deal with the very real possibility of sinking back into dead last if I do manage to get a promotion...

Your Grace

02-03-2013

And literally every game I get worse and worse at being patient with people, I get threatened to get reported all the time and I used to be the person who was the white knight reporting all the people who did what I do now, its a vicious cycle....

BouncingDonut

02-03-2013

as the new system is rough you gotta remember that theres a least chance for the troll to be on your team since theres 4 other people on your team and 5 others on the other. as it can be very very very hard to rise through the ranks but if you ever get to silver im sure you will have smoother sailing. the old elo system is still there but its just hidden and changed to form something else and remember that its a new system and you cant start *****ing at riot just yet.

keiris

02-03-2013

I really hate how it doesn't even matter how much you carry (I went 20/12/19 as mf) and the team still can't do anything! And its like I don't get how in 3 out of 4 games, I get random champs as support. These people are like oh, I have to support because I get last pick and I never asked or said anything, so I'm going to pick akali, or xin and then steal your farm. They then complain that they have no money to buy wards and they build a normal build. I'm just getting over this whole ranking system, because its like it doesn't even matter what I do!

Your Grace

02-03-2013

If they just did it by k/d (obviously accounting for supports) people who should be in elo hell will be in elo hell and people who don't deserve to be there won't be.

Desperate Izzy

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiris View Post
I really hate how it doesn't even matter how much you carry (I went 20/12/19 as mf) and the team still can't do anything! And its like I don't get how in 3 out of 4 games, I get random champs as support. These people are like oh, I have to support because I get last pick and I never asked or said anything, so I'm going to pick akali, or xin and then steal your farm. They then complain that they have no money to buy wards and they build a normal build. I'm just getting over this whole ranking system, because its like it doesn't even matter what I do!

i know what you mean, i had some idiotic karma support who stole my farm, stole my kills, and then decided to feed -_- (Stupid troll) she basically typed "haha" every time we called her on about something....ugh!

PoisonedPeace

02-03-2013

Quote:
If they just did it by k/d (obviously accounting for supports) people who should be in elo hell will be in elo hell and people who don't deserve to be there won't be.
Wrong. Your k/d does not reflect your skill in regard to the team. It is a team game. people in this elo are so ignorant to why they are there. If you take any pro support, I guarantee they could bring themselves out of any elo just paying support. There is no need to "carry". You have to contribute as much add you can to your team.

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Quote:
I guess that skill has nothing to do with league
So, all the pros are really just super lucky 100% of the time, that's why they're at the top of the ladders always?