Banned for relentlessly complimenting random players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caligulingus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

...And for trolling (1 game) and for saying nothing (1 game)

I don't expect to get unbanned (nobody ever does), but I'm just adding to the general qq pool about the tribunal in the far-fetched hope that Riot does something about it

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6172900/

Quick rundown:

Game 1: Did nothing but compliment our draven all game, said noobs twice but in a clearly tongue-in-cheek manner, guess that's report-worthy now, though.

Game 2: Talked ****, deserved to be reported, I can accept that.

Game 3: Fed hard, somebody thought I was intentionally feeding, so I guess that report makes sense.

Game 4: Complimented cait all game, counted blitzcranks grabs in allchat. Never insulted him or called him trash for missing, just counted them.

Game 5: Said literally nothing, reported for "harassing" all game, and apparently harassing somebody after he ignored me for saying nothing.

So if complimenting teammates gets you reported, if talking trash gets you reported, and if saying nothing gets you reported, what DOESNT get you reported?

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

It only takes one. Don't troll, don't talk ****, don't refuse to communicate, and you'll be fine in the Tribunal - if you even make it there again after reforming those behaviors.

Caligulingus

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
It only takes one. Don't troll, don't talk ****, don't refuse to communicate, and you'll be fine in the Tribunal - if you even make it there again after reforming those behaviors.
But that's obviously not the case, 4/5 games in my tribunal card I didnt troll or **** talk. Why did those cases make it in the tribunal?

Keonyn

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligulingus View Post
But that's obviously not the case, 4/5 games in my tribunal card I didnt troll or **** talk. Why did those cases make it in the tribunal?
Tribunal isn't the judge. It's just a system that analyzes how often players are getting reported, and if a player gets reported a substantially large number of times then it takes the most recent crop of cases and puts them in the Tribunal for players to make the decision.

Shiister

02-03-2013

Game 1: You wouldn't shut up....I wouldn't punish you for this game, but damn you was annoying.

Game 2: You admit this one is deserved

Game 3: Poor playing, wouldn't punish.

Game 4: Doing the diamon groupie thing again....you spent the whole game counting how many grabs Blitz made and missed?....I punish you for this game. Less talking and more playing.

Game 5:I wouldn't punish.

Overall: I punish you. Wouldn't want you as my teammate honestly. You talk way to much where it is spam.

170 Calories

02-03-2013

First off I would vote punish for your name. Secondly it only takes 1 game for a punish

magooomba

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligulingus View Post
Because they present a random sampling of the games in which you were reported, not the 5 most incriminating cases available. It's meant to be a a benefit for the reported player.

Caligulingus

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
Game 1: You wouldn't shut up....I wouldn't punish you for this game, but damn you was annoying.

Game 2: You admit this one is deserved

Game 3: Poor playing, wouldn't punish.

Game 4: Doing the diamon groupie thing again....you spent the whole game counting how many grabs Blitz made and missed?....I punish you for this game. Less talking and more playing.

Game 5:I wouldn't punish.

Overall: I punish you. Wouldn't want you as my teammate honestly. You talk way to much where it is spam.
Okay, so being talkative is report-worthy. Good to know. Hey, maybe I find bad teammates "annoying." Do I report them for it? No. Why not? Because I understand that different people have different skill levels, and I'm not about to go crying to Riot because somebody "annoyed me." If somebody annoys me, I either ignore them, or if I'm feeling particularly immature or sensitive one day, I'll just mute them. I only report players for intentionally trolling or leaving, which ACTUALLY ruins games.

Caligulingus

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 170 Calories View Post
First off I would vote punish for your name. Secondly it only takes 1 game for a punish
My name means boot licker in Latin, but if you find it offensive, you should probably get your mind out of the gutter, friend. And a player who is toxic 20% of the time deserves a 2 week ban? Alrighty then.

Keonyn

02-03-2013

Well, having read through the case I'm not sure I would have punished. Only 2 was really worthy of a punish, and frankly Lee Sin was being just as much of a problem. However, the harassment directed towards Eve was unwarranted and too much, so again, not sure how I would have voted on that one. I'm certainly not going to punish people just because they talk a lot, that is just ridiculous. Unless it's outright spam then it's not a crime in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 170 Calories View Post
Say what? There's nothing offensive or wrong with his name. Just because it's a little similar to another word doesn't make it that other word.