I think Katarina needs another buff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

txtmsg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

You just cant counter her and you think shes OP... one CC and shes dead.

Feleas

02-04-2013

I honestly feel she needs to have her Q W and E looked at. with her ult being her main source of damage, she's not much of a threat atm when it's on cooldown. she's suppose to be an assassin, and that's not working when people just ignore her or destroy her when her ult's on cooldown.

baconator7

02-04-2013

still think old kat snowballed waaaayyy better vs new kat. (2 ults in 1 teamfight *jiszsz). New patches continue to nerf her dmg from her already low base dmg q+w spell. She cant really harass anymore unless she q+w combo which is really dangerous esp. without e up. Her dmg is really not that noticable until she gets a couple of home-run items like dcap.

Advice for the qq'ers
- get some cc for comp and save at least 1 for kat ult. (fairly obvoius regardless of kat pick, cc=win)
- Choose someone that is a pusher for mid eg heim, mord if you have hard time laning against her. (even pushed lane= she cant roam and attempt snowball other lanes)
-MOAR CC

She's in a good place right now pls no moar nerfs riot.

The PKK Revenge

02-04-2013

I don't really think she's OP but balancing her would be frustrating. I mean, there last change was trying to make it so she couldn't build defense and still do damage. Yet people are still building her with tanky items. To fix this they'd have to change her stats, lowering their base damage even more while raising her ratios.

There's the problem though. Kat sorta needs to snowball to be able to help in a team fight. If they change it so she can't build tanky, it's also gonna make it really hard to snowball on her because she won't be doing damage without items. As much as people complain about her now, I'd rather have her how she is and have to use a bit of CC to kill her then have them make those changes. If they did make those changes, she wouldn't be any help in a team fight and would have to just hang back and clean up more than she already does. I think how she is now is a fairly good balance between her actually doing something for her team and being easily countered by the enemy team.

Feefeekiller

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
So what you're saying is that if you shut down a champion, and then let them get kills, they bounce back?

WHO. ****ING. KNEW?

Oh, wait, any intelligent player did.
There's a difference between bouncing back and snowballing off of the slightest amount of gold increase. You don't even need to "Let them get kills", even off of a few assists she'll get her snowball rolling down a cliffside of eternal pain and misery.

Feefeekiller

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtmsg View Post
You just cant counter her and you think shes OP... one CC and shes dead.
Actually I can counter her, but even shutting her down during lane phase won't help because her ult is just so much. 2:1 Ap scaling, 3:1 Bonus AD, and 400 at level one is just a little over the top i'd say. I can agree that some of other moves aren't that heavy hitting, although they are on low cooldowns. Perhaps a SLIGHT increase in their ratios would make sense, but ultimate is just so ridiculous. If Kat's team has a DECENT initiate, your cc is either dead, used, or cc'd themselves. Meaning she can get off at least a second of her ultimate, which is half of the damage which is still a lot. And Kat can still build pretty tanky and do tons of damage, in addition to the fact that although she is not naturally tanky by any means, she's not that squishy. So basically what I hope riot will do is re-adjust her ratios or reduce her base stats.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feefeekiller View Post
There's a difference between bouncing back and snowballing off of the slightest amount of gold increase. You don't even need to "Let them get kills", even off of a few assists she'll get her snowball rolling down a cliffside of eternal pain and misery.
So, again, you're still talking about a situation that let her get back on her feet.

No, I don't want to hear your anecdotal bull****ting about how it only took her 3 assists to bounce back from 3 deaths. What I want is you finding any close to legitimate excuse for allowing someone you've shut down to catch back up, other than them playing from behind their teammates, which is THEM outsmarting you.

Eninya

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feefeekiller View Post
LOL JK She's been OP since her rework, I cannot comprehend why she got buffed. It feels like Riot is saying "yeah, Kat's op, but she's not gamebreakingly op. Yet. We're fixing that."
Pre-rework Katarina must've made you cry yourself to sleep every night because the current iteration of Katarina doesn't have a laning phase worth a ****. Now, imagine if Lotus was 3 seconds with the KI bonus and the 35% DR on Shunpo.

Oh how far she has actually fallen as an APC.

phantom1516

02-05-2013

kat dont fit in to the league of warmogs. kat=bad

Feefeekiller

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
So, again, you're still talking about a situation that let her get back on her feet.

No, I don't want to hear your anecdotal bull****ting about how it only took her 3 assists to bounce back from 3 deaths. What I want is you finding any close to legitimate excuse for allowing someone you've shut down to catch back up, other than them playing from behind their teammates, which is THEM outsmarting you.
I understand she is a late-game, team fight champion, however it is too easy for her to pick back up. If your entire team has to focus the entire game on keepin a single champion down because you know that if she "Gets back on her feet" she will snowball like it's her divine right, I think that means she is too strong. Any champion that has been shut down should get some attention to keep them that way, but when it becomes one of your entire team's top priorities, I think it means something needs to be done.