The Tribunal promotes people to not communicate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazz View Post
If someone continues to botch plays to the point that they're getting yelled at, teamwork has already gone out the window.
It doesn't always happen, but sometimes a positive attitude and a little leadership can get a feeding player to start doing better.

Yelling at a team-mate sends the odds of a comeback in coordination crashing down, and with it the team's chances of pulling a come-back from a loss.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by puremojo View Post
so umm, i think this came out in the latest patch

MUTE
If a situation gets to the point that players are muting each other, team coordination is gone between those players.

Block

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartzmonkey View Post
Or you could just communicate with civility.
I already brought this up earlier, but I'll say it again. I start every game wit ha very positive attitude, and at times, I do just mute those thattroll. But eventually it will get to the point where you will bark back. This happens to EVERYONE.

Galgus

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nscript View Post
I was reported by an enemy player AND warned when I did not type in /all chat once the entire game.
If someone has a habit of making reports against players with otherwise clean records, their reports matter less.

If this is the kind of player to report you when you did nothing worthy of a report, I wouldn't be worried about him.

(Besides, it takes many, many reports to end up in the Tribunal: and few players get to that point.)

c0nscript

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolBlock View Post
I already brought this up earlier, but I'll say it again. I start every game wit ha very positive attitude, and at times, I do just mute those thattroll. But eventually it will get to the point where you will bark back. This happens to EVERYONE.

People who report must be completely scared of life in the real world.

I also start every game with a positive attitude but if I see some scrub talking trash to anyone I am compelled to say something and put them in their place.

Why? Because I don't like to see people who are wrong boast their ignorance about the internet.

I know, an unending war.

Block

02-03-2013

And I can see people are just downvoting just because its a negative view on something without giving a rebuttal or any comment at all.

MasterTerranort

02-03-2013

Riot has said the Tribunal is more forgiving them they themselves are. If you really want Riot to decided who gets banned prepare to be banned for a lot less then what people are currently banned for.

c0nscript

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
If someone has a habit of making reports against players with otherwise clean records, their reports matter less.

If this is the kind of player to report you when you did nothing worthy of a report, I wouldn't be worried about him.

(Besides, it takes many, many reports to end up in the Tribunal: and few players get to that point.)
Except the report that I thought I was innocent of was 1 of 5 that were showed to me for the reason of my Warning.

So even though it wasn't report worthy it was still used against me when I was punished.

Karolina

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nscript View Post
This is the internet, welcome to anonymity.

And you can be banned for not typing at all.
Uh... no you can't. Unless you are intentionally and consistently feeding in addition to not communicating. You can be reported, but you won't be banned for that.

Quote:
putting judgmental powers in the hands of players is stupid. They don't care.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who cares. Simply because I don't want to play with someone who will "succumb to his anger" and insult everyone in the match.
Quote:
I always start off very positive, but some people just want to see the world burn, and it DOES get to EVERYONE. This is a VERY competitive game. And if the answer is to simply mute them and not communicate with them, you are proving my original statement.
I won't lie, I get angry sometimes. Those are the times when I simply stop chatting. You don't get reported for shouting at your monitor. Everyone can stop typing, if someone somehow can't then the tribunal is made for people like that: to reform or get rid of negative players.

I'm not proving your original statement because it doesn't enforce people to communicate at all, it enforces not typing negative stuff in chat.

Talking sh*t is communicating, but communicating isn't talking sh*t.

Phatx

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
I think it's an exercise in self-control. If you can't communicate politely, then don't do it at all.

If you feel you don't want to type anything for fear of being banned, then you were going to say something you shouldn't have.

this is simply not true....and to be fair the original post said nothing about bad mouthing another player, he said "communicate". Ive all but given up on this game for the fact that if u try and advise people on what to do in game, they either tell u to stfu, or they give u some reason to completely ignore you. This game is completely based on one team coming together and working better then the other team as a whole, and if u cant as much as express ur mind to the people who inevitably determine whether or not you will come out on top, then why even play this game at all???? why put ur fate into other players??? its one thing to just chastise someone but if ur actually trying to get a team mate to play with his team....why should u get reported/banned. it doesnt make any sense...