The Tribunal promotes people to not communicate

12345612 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

c0nscript

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
I think it's an exercise in self-control. If you can't communicate politely, then don't do it at all.

If you feel you don't want to type anything for fear of being banned, then you were going to say something you shouldn't have.
This is the internet, welcome to anonymity.

And you can be banned for not typing at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

netkitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-03-2013

kind of


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazz View Post
I'd rather have Riot just encourage people to use the language filter and/or the ignore function instead of reporting people for situations like you just described. Save the reports for trolling, intentional feeding, AFKing, things that actually have an impact on the game.

It feels like walking on eggshells every time you play.
Harassment, particularly of one's own team, can greatly affect a game by destroying team-work and coordination.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

puremojo

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
Harassment, particularly of one's own team, can greatly affect a game by destroying team-work and coordination.
so umm, i think this came out in the latest patch

MUTE


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trazz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
Harassment, particularly of one's own team, can greatly affect a game by destroying team-work and coordination.
If someone continues to botch plays to the point that they're getting yelled at, teamwork has already gone out the window.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nscript View Post
This is the internet, welcome to anonymity.

And you can be banned for not typing at all.
If you don't type and don't actually troll, odds are you won't get enough reports to end up in the Tribunal, let alone get banned.

Personally, I always look for things the accused said for proof they were trolling: trolling has to be very obvious for me to assume it with no chat evidence from them.

(Though if the enemy team echoes it in private chat and the games in the case reveal a trend, that can work too.)

Everyone has bad games, and I think the community knows that when judging.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quartzmonkey

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Or you could just communicate with civility.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

c0nscript

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
If you don't type and don't actually troll, odds are you won't get enough reports to end up in the Tribunal, let alone get banned.

Personally, I always look for things the accused said for proof they were trolling: trolling has to be very obvious for me to assume it with no chat evidence from them.

(Though if the enemy team echoes it in private chat and the games in the case reveal a trend, that can work too.)

Everyone has bad games, and I think the community knows that when judging.
I was reported by an enemy player AND warned when I did not type in /all chat once the entire game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

c0nscript

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by puremojo View Post
so umm, i think this came out in the latest patch

MUTE

It's funny.

Riot has a mute function and a profanity filter AND a "mute /all chat" filter

Yet they still promote the Tribunal.

So many ways to avoid people who are mean to you, yet this says "Don't avoid them, report them!"

Waste of features.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Block

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by puremojo View Post
so umm, i think this came out in the latest patch

MUTE
Which comes back to my original thesis statement. Tribunal discouraging communication


12345612 ... 15