The Tribunal promotes people to not communicate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karolina

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFoxx View Post
proving his point, dont talk to your teammates at all because more often then not you will just end up getting yourself banned.
That is completely wrong.
"you will just end up getting yourself banned" if you are a jerk and type stupid things.

Communicating isn't just that, if you think it is... then well... bans incoming.

Block

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Bandito View Post
I quoted the line above. LOL.
Not entirely out of line =/= Not saying something out of line

There is a big difference between telling people to chill and calling a group of 4 people that have harrassed me for 40 min "d0uchebag" is not the same as spamming all game "You guys are f*gs and n***ers" Pretty big difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
That is completely wrong.
"you will just end up getting yourself banned" if you are a jerk and type stupid things.

Communicating isn't just that, if you think it is... then well... bans incoming.
But part of my point is you could be completely polite and helpful, someone out there will still see that as negative and you are forcing your views down their throat.

Tolfor

02-03-2013

I love how most of the people who spew this tired old tripe have clearly never even used the Tribunal themselves and are just making second-hand assumptions based on what they've heard about it from other people who are mad at it (probably for having gotten banned by it).

I've been playing this game for over three years, I talk to my team quite a bit most games, and I've never so much as received a warning. I don't feel like I'm "walking on eggshells" and if you do it's because you have a crappy attitude and most of what you tend to say is rude and unnecessary.

And if you're getting troll reported by idiots when all you've done is be cooperative and nice, it doesn't matter because you won't get yourself a Tribunal case just from two or three wackos who somehow think "hey Cho maybe you should get some MR" is insanely offensive. That's just not realistic.

If there's anyone who actually "spams auto punish" in the Tribunal like so many people claim, it's a minuscule minority, and a minute per case is honestly pretty excessive in most punishment-deserving situations - it doesn't take long to find "OMFG U F*GGOT UNINSTALL NUB" in bright purple text.

If I come across a case that doesn't have any obvious bansigns like the above popping out immediately, I spend some time looking through the chat logs in detail. If I don't find anything that was deserving of punishment, that person gets pardoned. I'm pretty sure that's true for most Tribunal voters. The reason it has such high punishment vote rates is quite simply that the vast majority of people who end up in the Tribunal deserve it.

Karolina

02-03-2013

I made this so it would be super easy to understand why the Tribunal isn't forcing people to "not communicate".

(Fiora pic by loosewire)

Karolina

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolBlock View Post
But part of my point is you could be completely polite and helpful, someone out there will still see that as negative and you are forcing your views down their throat.
Then you won't be banned unless you have also been a jerk.
So if you have constructive things to say there's nothing to fear because the tribunal (or later Riot) will not punish you for that.

LostRealist

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
I love how most of the people who spew this tired old tripe have clearly never even used the Tribunal themselves and are just making second-hand assumptions based on what they've heard about it from other people who are mad at it (probably for having gotten banned by it).

I've been playing this game for over three years, I talk to my team quite a bit most games, and I've never so much as received a warning. I don't feel like I'm "walking on eggshells" and if you do it's because you have a crappy attitude and most of what you tend to say is rude and unnecessary.

And if you're getting troll reported by idiots when all you've done is be cooperative and nice, it doesn't matter because you won't get yourself a Tribunal case just from two or three wackos who somehow think "hey Cho maybe you should get some MR" is insanely offensive. That's just not realistic.

If there's anyone who actually "spams auto punish" in the Tribunal like so many people claim, it's a minuscule minority, and a minute per case is honestly pretty excessive in most punishment-deserving situations - it doesn't take long to find "OMFG U F*GGOT UNINSTALL NUB" in bright purple text.

If I come across a case that doesn't have any obvious bansigns like the above popping out immediately, I spend some time looking through the chat logs in detail. If I don't find anything that was deserving of punishment, that person gets pardoned. I'm pretty sure that's true for most Tribunal voters. The reason it has such high punishment vote rates is quite simply that the vast majority of people who end up in the Tribunal deserve it.
^ this.

Drakenborn

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post

Very well said sir! It really isn't difficult to talk to your team without being a jackass. If someone wants to spew hateful garbage then let them. I'm sure they'll be on the forums in a week crying about how the "Tribunal doesn't work", "How did I get banned?", "I've spent money on this game they shouldn't ban me!", "Some other generic garbage that proves I'm special so I'm above actiing like decent human being"