The Tribunal promotes people to not communicate

1234511 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Block

02-03-2013

For a game that is extremely competitive. and brings out the best and worst in Human emotion, the Tribunal sure does do a good job of deterring people from communicating with their teammates. If I try to defend myself from harassment from a group of 4 players because I didn't gank bot / top / and mid at the same time while maintaining good CS AND counter jungling at the same time, I get banned. If I mute all 4 of them, I can no longer compose any type of communication to increase my odds of winning.

The fact that you can review an ENTIRE case in 1 minute, and move on to the next and grab some RP / IP ( I don't know which) in the process is insane. If you truly want to punish those that deserve it, and absolve those that don't, make it so it takes 5 min minimum to review each case, and up the reward to compensate the increased time to review. In my review case, I didn't make any racial slurs towards anyone, didn't use any "gay slurs", but if I called people bad, it was because my competitive nature got to me and I was tired of my teammates not trying to help me and themselves to win. And if your response to that is "Just don't talk to them" Then you just prove my point; that the Tribunal is a system that discourages teamwork for the majority of the community.

Please don't just down vote this because its a negative view to the system, please read and share your thoughts about this, because I do believe we can do much MUCH better...

Trazz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

I'd rather have Riot just encourage people to use the language filter and/or the ignore function instead of reporting people for situations like you just described. Save the reports for trolling, intentional feeding, AFKing, things that actually have an impact on the game.

It feels like walking on eggshells every time you play.

Karolina

02-03-2013

I think it's an exercise in self-control. If you can't communicate politely, then don't do it at all.

If you feel you don't want to type anything for fear of being banned, then you were going to say something you shouldn't have.

KitsuneInari

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolBlock View Post
The fact that you can review an ENTIRE case in 1 minute, and move on to the next and grab some RP / IP ( I don't know which) in the process is insane.
There isn't a reward for doing the Tribunal. It used to give IP for correct cases but they removed it.

Did that happen

02-03-2013

how about they don't up the reward and make it 10 min cdr on the timer. This way all those spam punish trolls will have to sit and wait 10 mins if they want to keep voting.

PKDX

02-03-2013

There is no reward.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

People who talk about spam punish trolls seem to have a very skewed view on the Tribunal.

Block

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
I think it's an exercise in self-control. If you can't communicate politely, then don't do it at all.
I always start off very positive, but some people just want to see the world burn, and it DOES get to EVERYONE. This is a VERY competitive game. And if the answer is to simply mute them and not communicate with them, you are proving my original statement. And putting judgmental powers in the hands of players is stupid. They don't care.

puremojo

02-03-2013

tribunal = wrong

people get reported for the dumbest ****. next time you play halo and the guy on your team dies a lot, why dont you just file a complaint to microsoft then.

get over yourselves

Trazz

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneInari View Post
There isn't a reward for doing the Tribunal. It used to give IP for correct cases but they removed it.
That makes it even worse. Now there's no incentive.

1234511 ... 15