Guide to Getting Ranked in the Tribunal

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

You said it was one of multiple experiments; this one got lucky. In fact, the accuracy level is fair enough: around an 80%, which I have found is the average punish-to-pardon ratio (actually a little lower...often I'll pardon twice out of every twenty cases, for a 90% personal ratio...I get some wrong, of course, but...). As for the ranking, it's from the sheer volume of cases that you punish.

Of course, the fact that your "experiments" probably interfered with a number of other cases is rather irritating. Some of us are actually doing our jobs...though, to be fair, this is a good job to do, as it forms a logical case-study as to whether or not this is viable (though of course, the more punish-spammers there are, the more viable the strategy becomes).

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlitYourWrist View Post
Actually, rank is determined by a combination of Justice Rating and accuracy. My combination of these factors is one of the highest in the world without even reading the cases on which I'm voting.
How about you post a screenshot of you in Tribunal on your "mongoroid" account with "Hello, (Summoner Name)" not blanked out?

SlitYourWrist

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan2swan View Post
You said it was one of multiple experiments; this one got lucky. In fact, the accuracy level is fair enough: around an 80%, which I have found is the average punish-to-pardon ratio (actually a little lower...often I'll pardon twice out of every twenty cases, for a 90% personal ratio...I get some wrong, of course, but...). As for the ranking, it's from the sheer volume of cases that you punish.

Of course, the fact that your "experiments" probably interfered with a number of other cases is rather irritating. Some of us are actually doing our jobs...though, to be fair, this is a good job to do, as it forms a logical case-study as to whether or not this is viable (though of course, the more punish-spammers there are, the more viable the strategy becomes).
The other two punish spam accounts have roughly the same number of cases but about 1% less accuracy. Seeing that ranking is determined by both accuracy and Justice Rating, they are probably both on the cusp of breaking into the top 1000, much like the other account.

Shiister

02-03-2013

Quote:
No need to lie when the truth is so damaging. I find it curious as to why the Riot engineer needs to lie about not being able to look up the account. Though, if these guys can't even tie summoner names to account names then that would go a long way to explaining why the system is so poorly designed.
or he just looked up the summoner's name assuming that is your account name. Few people use different summoner's name from their account name, derp.

SlitYourWrist

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
How about you post a screenshot of you in Tribunal on your "mongoroid" account with "Hello, (Summoner Name)" not blanked out?
http://i.imgur.com/Khqq7AA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tRAJ85N.jpg

SlitYourWrist

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
or he just looked up the summoner's name assuming that is your account name. Few people use different summoner's name from their account name, derp.
So, in other words, he's incompetent. Got it.

swan2swan

02-03-2013

Quote:
How to get ranked in the Tribunal: Spam punish votes.

http://imgur.com/a/QZOYG#0

This morning, I logged into one of my accounts today to check on my Tribunal stats and discovered that one of several auto-punish experiments finally paid off. To my delight, after 756 consecutive Punish votes, one account has officially joined the ranks of Riot's official top 1000 Tribunal judges. Currently, I am the 956th highest ranked member of the Tribunal in North America after having read exactly 0 cases and having used a macro program to automate the voting process while I'm not even at my computer.

For those wanting proof, please see the above linked Imgur album containing screenshots not only of my Justice Review stats, but also of my voting record for my last 400 cases (note: Imgur is **** and managed to double upload some images).

I make this post knowing full well that any marginally competent Riot employee can identify the account and ban it. However, in taking this (small) risk, I am demonstrating how much of the sham the Tribunal is, and how automated bot and troll voting can not only affect the outcomes of hundreds of cases, but even be recognized by Riot as one of the "best" judges in the entire system. The fact that I have roughly 82% accuracy without having read a single case is a sad attestation to the incompetence permeating the Tribunal system at all levels, from engineering to oversight.

EDIT: Just realized a had a Pardon mixed in with my voting a few weeks ago--must have clicked the wrong button. Whoops.

How did you push the wrong button if you're using a macro program?

Also, you should display the results of your OTHER automated accounts, because that is crucial information. If you have five programs running this and the other four are currently at 50% accuracy (which they shouldn't be, because the average number of punished Tribunal cases should be skewed toward 80 or 90% punish), then clearly your logic is flawed.

HOWEVER, the premise of the experiment is sound, and the results are expected; the issue is that you are not doing the Tribunal's job, because the purpose of the Tribunal is actually to weed out those who deserve to be pardoned (otherwise, a stack of reports would simply result in a punishment).

Also, Riot, in the interest of potential triggers, would you be kind enough to change the OP's forum name or remove his account? "Inappropriate Name" doesn't even begin to describe it.

SlitYourWrist

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan2swan View Post
[/B]

How did you push the wrong button if you're using a macro program?

Also, you should display the results of your OTHER automated accounts, because that is crucial information. If you have five programs running this and the other four are currently at 50% accuracy (which they shouldn't be, because the average number of punished Tribunal cases should be skewed toward 80 or 90% punish), then clearly your logic is flawed.

HOWEVER, the premise of the experiment is sound, and the results are expected; the issue is that you are not doing the Tribunal's job, because the purpose of the Tribunal is actually to weed out those who deserve to be pardoned (otherwise, a stack of reports would simply result in a punishment).

Also, Riot, in the interest of potential triggers, would you be kind enough to change the OP's forum name or remove his account? "Inappropriate Name" doesn't even begin to describe it.
Occasionally I log in and vote manually on days that I check the Justice Rating.

Regarding the other accounts, I have nothing to gain by having my other accounts banned before obtaining the desired results.

Shiister

02-03-2013

Quote:
If those screenshots not edited, then why can't he find Tribunal records? Photoshop FTW

EDIT: Not to mention you said "ihopeyoudieinreallife" is the account name, yet it's "monogrid". Quite fishy.

swan2swan

02-03-2013

Quote:
Occasionally I log in and vote manually on days that I check the Justice Rating.

Regarding the other accounts, I have nothing to gain by having my other accounts banned before obtaining the desired results.
The "desired results" are nothing more than punishments awarded to innocent players.

Also, protip:

Quote:
if you live in the US and have ever sent a message telling the recipient to kill themselves, you’ve committed the felony of encouraging suicide and, depending on the state’s laws (meaning, what class of felony it is), you could be looking at a fine of $25,000+ and 10+ years in prison, just for encouragement
and if they actually do it, you are legally responsible and, in some states, you can also be charged with manslaughter
Check your screennames; you're liable to lose quite a bit of money kid.

123456 ... 8