"Favorite Role Option" in Champselection

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jinxed It

02-03-2013

Hey guys and girls,

read after the ===== for the short version without blah.

Everyone knows that, you join a game, 3 guys yell TOP!!! 2 yell MID! and most of the time at least someone instant locks.

Other situation:

Someone picks mid, someone top and the other 3 wait for something to happen, like someone to pick a role but they are not communication in any way, god knows why.

I am one of the players who likes to play different roles and often fills the last (support) spot, but it takes ages for everyone to pick sometimes or there is a very looong discussion going on about things like "BUT I CAN'T PLAY JUNGLE" "ME NEITHER!!!" till someone says "well ok I can jungle too so let me do it."

=====

I would really like a small interface addition which would add 5 small indicators next to the champion icon in the champion selection which shows your team which role you want/can play. It would make teamcomps faster/easier for ppl who are interested in... and won't change a thing for ppl who are not giving a damn at all.

In your profile should be an option to pick the roles and change em, the graphic itself could look like this -> attachment.

It would be a fast way to see who is good or wants to play which lane (excluded trolls, they are everywhere). :>

/e: The indicator shows YOUR preferences and NOT the roles the picked champ is good! :>
This is NOT for pre-picking roles!

Any suggestions?

Mondreus

02-06-2013

That picture is just perfect.

I support!

However, the Meta is not a rule, but a suggestion. I always try to follow it, but have in mind that "Meta-game" actually means an aspect of a game you can't see.

LightBike

02-09-2013

This is a great idea! But what about when you aren't opposed to the thought of playing a position but you aren't the greatest at it. Maybe you could put a yellow there to signify "I can play this role, but It would not be to the best of my ability."

ASAP AuTomaT1C

02-11-2013

there is absolutely no reason not to add the same exact design there is a bunch of space on the ui for this as seen in the picture, any information will bring the community together. maybe add a custom color for can play but not comfortable with and maybe a color for primary position.

ASAP AuTomaT1C

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingNarwhalSS View Post
This is a great idea! But what about when you aren't opposed to the thought of playing a position but you aren't the greatest at it. Maybe you could put a yellow there to signify "I can play this role, but It would not be to the best of my ability."
lol i misclicked downvote i agree with this guy god damn it

Radioraider

02-11-2013

This would help alot! I tend to play every role since so many people are unfelxible with what they play. Overall I think that this would help the pre game team building. This gets a tumbs up from me!

DuskSC2

02-11-2013

to much time and effort to code something that already exists(team chat), and odds are it would not work anyway as several guys show up to the same game with the same role selected.. then what ? Now its just interface clutter that makes the game seems more daunting for new players.