Shaco Main Since Release Olaf: Feedback Post Nerf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OnlyJunglesShaco

02-03-2013

Note: Knowing what I know now, I wish I had been a better player in those early days when Shaco truely was OP.

1Q. Why did those "SOBS" at Riot go ahead and nerf Shaco?

1A. Long story short, he was a game ruiner it. Just by having a Shaco in a game would invalidate over half the champions picks that are possible just by him being in it. From a business standpoint, thats bad, and from a fun standpoint, also bad.

1B. Those early ganks of Shaco's meant that until laning phase was over, the opposistion would have to play passively, running against a Shaco does not promote aggresive play.

1C. Shaco is a hit or miss champion, many people picked him up because they viewed him as "Over-Powered" without understanding he is hit or miss. How often do you see OTHER Shaco players ruin the game for their team because of that hit or miss?

2Q With Shaco's early game destroyed how will I ever get to late game?

1A. Gank oppurtunities still exist, their are still champions who jungle that dont have ANY CC or a gap closer, even if nerfed Shaco still has both.

2A. While its not as popular, most of the common junglers currently have to roam and gank rather then farm jungle, warding and counter warding still helps the team, and as Shaco you still have an invis that keeps you from being caught. Utility Junglers still carry.

3A Shaco wasnt really a "Carry" to begin with, yes he can carry if fed, but with an average budget of 9,000 gold this is unrealistic, Shaco was and still is an assassain champion whos only focus is to snowball the lanes. While 3-5 successful ganks compared to 5-8 before the nerf may seem like a joke, consider that even 3 ganks that end in kills is a gold advantage for your team of at least 1250-2400. *Kills/Assists*

3Q But how will I get fed if I cant get those 1002439342 million kills early?

1A As any support will tell you, theirs more then one way to carry a team.

If anyone has other quiestions, post them and i'll reply.

IJunglerSoraka "Um ok, how badly did the nerf to his E hurt his ganking power?

How has the Q range nerf hit him hardest?"

A1. The nerf to his E didnt hurt his ganking power nearly at all. IF you get red buff. Because Red Buff and his E stacking together is multplicitive its not a huge deal. Just means you have think a little more strategically about your ganks.

A2. Im noticing some walls I cant jump over anymore, it was already a little more difficult on bot lane after they buffed the collision on walls to keep down Gragas abuse, this kinda killed it. More or less the Q nerf makes running away a little more difficult since by the time the INVIS wears off, your still in line of sight range.

Coxamusprime Have you changed up your runes and masteries at all post nerf?

What lane are you trying to gank first?

A1. Im focused a lot more on attack speed then anything else, I used to run more armor pen but since the meta has shifted away from armor to health, Ive shifted from to attack speed and lifesteal.

A2. I always try to gank mid first, sometimes trying to gank bottom forces them into bad positioning which potentionally ruins their laning phase, and ruins your farming stage. Mid on the other hand can still make plays if an error occurs, and when successful (and it usually is) that mid can go and gank bottom a lot better then you can because of that lead you gave them.

IJunglerSoraka

02-03-2013

Um ok, how badly did the nerf to his E hurt his ganking power?

How has the Q range nerf hit him hardest?

OnlyJunglesShaco

02-03-2013

I got you Ijunglersoraka, Answer is above

JNGIamJungling

02-03-2013

Have you changed up your runes and masteries at all post nerf?

What lane are you trying to gank first?

Fluffy1

02-04-2013

the only difference the E nerf did was make you rely on red for that first gank, given you max E first anyways the slow scaled back to what it was fairly fast

The Prôphet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

I don't think they should of nerfed him as hard as they did, the nerf I do think that was justified however, was the range of his deceive, it was way larger than the range of flash and completely unbalanced.

OnlyJunglesShaco

02-04-2013

Any other quiestions?