Trundle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roonage

02-03-2013

Hey. I've noticed that Trundle has lacked any attention lately when it comes to reworks and such, and i feel that he has potential to be a great champion. But, similar to shyvana, he just cannot keep up with newer, more "up-to-date" champions in the league nowadays. I suggest a rework in his basic abilities and his ultimate.

Q: Steals a % of targets AD instead of a flat amount, with reduced damage.

I think with this change, Trundles would be forced to Q the ADC, lowering their damage output and turning the tides of a teamfight seemingly lost.

W: Give AD, not AS.

I think this would add more to his immediate damage output, something that all trundle players know he lacks in.

E: Completely Reworked, passive % chance to stun enemy, but cannot stun the same target for 12 seconds.

This would be great for trundles ganking capabilities, and for those of you who like his current pillar, the spell is completely beaten out by spells like jarvin's ult and anivia's wall.

R: The duration should be tweaked such that it lasts until trundle is out of combat. The current duration is so low that in a teamfight trundle can lose the bonuses much faster than he can make use of them.

Feel free to criticize any of my thoughts and ideas, but I'd appreciate it if you were not rude in doing so. Thanks.

Spreckels

02-03-2013

I like the change to Rabid Bite, but i think Contaminate and Pillar of Filth are just fine.

His ult should last a bit longer, and in my opinion last the full duration, even if his target dies.

After playing a few ranked games with him this morning, I feel that he is still really solid as a jungler, especially with the buffs to the big jungle creeps. Spamming Q, I take nearly no damage as i work through my jungle, and his passive makes sustain incredible.

Ganks are fine, as long as they are set up right. Contaminate to gain MS in, PoF for slow and/or block their escape and Q the **** out of them, while your laners beat on them.

I do aggree that his damage is something to be lacking. Many times I end up building a Phage or hexdrinker early which adds to tankyness and damage. Giants bet items all the way after that.

At least at my MMR (bronze Div I) he is really fun and effective, as since nobody plays him most people dont know how to play against him.

TL;DR:

Make his Q scale off % of AD, make his Ult last longer/the full duration regardless if the target dies, give him a bit more base damage.

Thanks!

Mr Buscemi

Recruiter

02-03-2013

Nobody even plays trundle

Fattles

02-03-2013

Guy trundle is well balanced i just like to see a new skin for him freakin annie is up to 8 skins now! dafuq where the love for trundle

Invisibleally

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roonage View Post
Q: Steals a % of targets AD instead of a flat amount, with reduced damage.
W: Give AD, not AS.
E: Completely Reworked, passive % chance to stun enemy, but cannot stun the same target for 12 seconds.
R: The duration should be tweaked such that it lasts until trundle is out of combat.
My concern with the proposed change to his Q is that it is going to give him too much extra damage, Q shouldn't instantly give him carry-level damage! Also it combines buff and debuff effects, rolling together offense and defense, the amount stolen has to be finely tuned.

I like the effects of his W, but it is a pain having to recast his W over and over and losing your buffs if you leave the area. What if it were a sustained boost that costs Trundle 1% max health per second while toggled on? That way it would give boosts but wouldn't be able to be kept on all the time.

There's nothing wrong with his E barrier, the pillar. It's a strong ability partly because of it's relatively short cooldown and partly because it has a good range it can activate from.

I don't like his ultimate at all. It doesn't feel like a powerful ability. I think the best and most fitting kind of ultimate for Trundle would be:
"Draw Ailments": Trundle channels for up to 10 seconds, redirecting to himself 15% of the damage dealt to his teammates. When the channel ends, Trundle regenerates double the amount of damage he took from this ability over the next 20 seconds.

catalyst1c

02-03-2013

trundle + Frozen mallet = tons of win!

Alvan Yakatori

02-03-2013

I tried playing trundle and i could barley kill a gragas at like less than 25% heal and i was at full.

So ya i agree with your ideas and hope riot does something about trundle

Mr Pookiekins

02-06-2013

i like the W idea b/c honestly atk speed isnt very good on him.
the duration of his R should be increased b/c it fades off too fast.
everything else about him i feel is fine. i especially love his pillar. its what makes me like to play him.

Malicano

02-06-2013

If they made his q based off of % it would have to be at the extreme max 25%, anything more and he would be ridiculously op. But I agree on that his w could be a toggle with a small % of health as the resource, build enough lifesteal and a little bit more AS and you would have a permanent MS and AS steroid and you might have to tweak numbers some more. His e is perfect, wouldn't change it at all. Lastly his ult should last probably around 8 to 10 seconds and even if the target dies he still has the buff.

Pizzatime89

02-06-2013

only thing i dont like about trundle is his W and his passive. i wish his passive was stronger late game and gave a bigger bonus for champions. i agree with OP on his W but it would be cooler if it gave the enemy a debuff when they stood on it, also make it a tiny bit bigger. Also i agree with that ult lasting longer but i dont like it increasing over time, i just want it to have immediate debuff like 30% or 35% at level 16