Tribunal with the option of ban severity.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coxybaws

02-03-2013

Gamers,

How many times have we read through the logs and been part of the game where you get a "toxic" player, one with a god complex and mister this is my smurf account. It is my opinion that Riot Games should introduce a poll in the "punish/pardon" e.g time ban, permaban for those kind of players the we do not want in our community.

Am I alone in this or so others feel the same??

Xianio

02-03-2013

Sounds like a great idea - bad in practice though.

I don't want ban severity left up to the players. I'd much prefer that remain in Riot's control. Last thing anyone needs is a Tribunal user with a god complex of their own pushing for permabans on everything and anything.

Coxybaws

02-03-2013

Yeah I get where you're coming from but still even as a poll to what the gamers think should be the outcome of it for whatever division in Riot handle bans as in to say "yeah this summoner is a proper ******* permaban" or "it wasnt too severe time ban/ warning" too show that We want these kind of players out

RQ Kiwi

02-03-2013

I want ban severity judged on the punishment threshold. Games with only majority punishes are usually much more, well, tame in the abuse level than those that are overwhelming punished, yet they both get the same punishment.

Xianio

02-03-2013

The players already don't decide permabans.

When a player gets put up for one of those his account gets sent to Riot for internal review. That review is what determines if they get permabanned.

The problem most people who rage out in this forum have is that they think the community is stupidly harsh. The reality is that the community is generally substantially more lenient than Riot is. That's why you NEVER see permabans get overturned.

If you want examples of harsh punishment, you needn't look any further than when Riot personally takes the reins.

embalmdk

02-03-2013

Tribunal judges do not determine penalty only guilt. They click pardon (not guilty) or punish (guilty). Punishment is determined by Riot.

I do not want the responsibility, nor the ability, to determine punishment. There is so much potential for abuse in this method, and complexity with some players chosing different punishments because of past experience, current moods etc.. Better to leave punishments to the game owners i.e. Riot.

Too bad, so sad, tribunal working as intended.

Desperado Dave

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianio View Post
Sounds like a great idea - bad in practice though.

I don't want ban severity left up to the players. I'd much prefer that remain in Riot's control. Last thing anyone needs is a Tribunal user with a god complex of their own pushing for permabans on everything and anything.
I disagree, I come across players being permanently banned for mild things like calling a player a moron in 1 out of 5 games with the remainder of the games having no substantial reasoning for a ban. A combination of the players and riot should be how permabans work, its quite concerning seeing players banned when they have mild bad chat in one out of 5 games and are trolled by teammates in the remainder of their games. That type of thing breeds trolls as they get a new account and follow suite of the trolls, anivia walling their teammates or sitting in the center of a lane invis as teemo stealing exp from an already duo bot lane. Create the troll queue and send these players there. No one likes being trolled, send them to the troll queue to troll and be trolled there, easiest way to reform behavior.

embalmdk

02-03-2013

Desperado,

you may be willing to sift through the 100s of reports a give player gets which is what Riot does before a permaban. We only see a small number of the reports per case. I do not believe we have sufficient information to determine the penalty by what we see, nor the full severity of the toxicity in a player and from these facts I would have to disagree with your position.