Prospector's Shield

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iProbie

02-03-2013

Yay or Nay?

Prospector's Shield:
+250 HP
+25 armor
+20 HP regen/5 seconds

A Slime Appears

02-03-2013

Sure, why not?

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

I've been going doran shield ruby crystal + boots openings for a lot of champions, it's pretty legit.

HaIfhearted

02-03-2013

20 HP5 seems a tad excessive, don't you think?
And I think I prefer Dorans Shields, because I can start with Dorans + (Ruby/Null Mantle)

Phourc

02-03-2013

I usually start ruby crystal and mantle/cloth armor to rush an early Aegis. Though that's 90% because at my level most people don't build their own armor. xP

blackDAILO

02-03-2013

For tanks, I usually build double Rubies+boot into an early Kindlegem and save up the other Ruby for situational use.

Doran's shields are iffy because armor isn't as valuable anymore after the Season 3 penetration changes.

Cauldrath

02-03-2013

Doran's Shield is only 5 armor. If you want armor there are way better choices. You can't get flat damage reduction from any other item, though, and 6 is pretty noticable at the level 3 fight on a champ with an armor steroid like Rammus or Leona.

NavyGothic

02-03-2013

Doran's is a great early tank item, and (depending on what you're building) you'll often go an entire game without needing to sell it. And if a game does go that long, the gold loss from reselling is negligible.

NamKim

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bma View Post
I've been going doran shield ruby crystal + boots openings for a lot of champions, it's pretty legit.
My Taric is pleased with this design.

VoidInsanity

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
20 HP5 seems a tad excessive, don't you think?
Considering how badly hp/5 scales on dominion compared to lifesteal, how champions with innate sustain can spam them all the time for full hp due to never running out of mana and how bad spellvamp is on this map.

Hell No. 4 health per second means something on SR, it means barely anything here. The only good HP/5 regen on this map is Catalyst and HP pots because of this.