Dodging Queue in Ranked causes lost points? I thought we moved past this.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gixia

02-03-2013

So, today, I was forced to dodge a ranked game when our team screwed up horribly. People weren't paying attention during champ select and we wound up with no ADC. It wasn't even necessarily a troll, just people not looking at what was going on. And so I dodged to save everyone a terrible game and take my wait time punishment... Only to find out that the punishment was more than just wait time now.

What the hell? Didn't we get rid of this system in the previous season specifically because it was flawed? Because if people didn't get their way during champ select then they'd troll and force other people to dodge in order to preserve their ELO? Or hell, just troll period right from the get go and force people to suffer through it knowing they can't dodge or they'll suffer anyways? Why are we back to this terrible system where you essentially either force the whole team to lose LP by playing an unwinnable game, or make one person suffer on their own to save their teammates (and their time)? I feel like Riot is now encouraging me to troll people during champ select when things are going poorly, because the alternative is that I'll suffer for it if I don't, which is, of course, the wrong message to be sending.

Can we please get LP loss from queue dodges removed? It's already hard enough to advance with this new system, does it really need to be made worse?

meadow

02-03-2013

Dodging now removes both LP and a Time Penalty.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=34158499

I believe your feedback is better appreciated at that thread...

HatLlama

02-03-2013

It's better this way. Although I'd prefer if it just wasn't possible to begin with.