Shyvana - the forgotten Champion ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axhliay

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranPanginoon View Post
She deals magic damage on her W and AD on her Q,, her W is powered by AD. this is very very adventagious for shyvana because it makes her much harder to counterbuild agaisnt.
What I was meaning by that you can build AD, and have 2 decent damage skills. You could also build AP, and have 2 damaging skills. But by building AD, the other half of your kit is for utility,and by building AP, you have a strong ultimate and E, but your Q and W are for utility. Which makes itemizing for Shyvana herself very unrewarding.

Hopefully you can make sense of that..

copperpoint

02-03-2013

@Fran: Only if you stay in her firespin.
It surely would benefit her a lot if her E would scale of AD, as that seems to be better for her then additional AP scaling on her W.

@Louis: Yea, although scarner still has his cc ganks which still work, independent from items.
I played him recently and except for the start he is still great in jungle and a feared ganker after 6.

@Fran: It has an animationtime, which is bad in a chase and a rather small hitbox + it doesnt do anything if you cant hit afterwards. Compared to simmilar skillshots it really falls off short.
Right now I cant think of another champ that has a simmilar skillshot, with such a low reward.

Someone said:
"You are not supposed to use it that way, go in mele range and then shoot + follow hit"
That would make it entirely meaningless beeing a ranged (evadeable) skillshot in the 1st place. ^^

But I am glad that I get positive feedback already. Maybe we can remember the others of why they were once scared of dragons

notanxj9smurf

02-03-2013

i liked her in s2, i like her in s3.

i do dislike that her ganking potential is extremely weak, but other than that i still love to play her.

FranPanginoon

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperpoint View Post
@Fran: Only if you stay in her firespin.
It surely would benefit her a lot if her E would scale of AD, as that seems to be better for her then additional AP scaling on her W.

@Louis: Yea, although scarner still has his cc ganks which still work, independent from items.

@Fran: It has an animationtime, which is bad in a chase and a rather small hitbox + it doesnt do anything if you cant hit afterwards. Compared to simmilar skillshots it really falls off short.

Someone said:
"You are not supposed to use it that way, go in mele range and then shoot + follow hit"
That would make it entirely meaningless beeing a ranged (evadeable) skillshot in the 1st place. ^^

But I am glad that I get positive feedback already. Maybe we can remember the others of why they were once scared of dragons
I mentioned that here.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7#post34231027

I want my baby back Riot.

Axhliay

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanxj9smurf View Post
i liked her in s2, i like her in s3.

i do dislike that her ganking potential is extremely weak, but other than that i still love to play her.
For me, she used to play like a shotgun, not all all scary at range, but when she got close, bam. Health bar gone.

But with all of the changes she just got weaker. And for someone of her niche, it hurts her really badly. When she gets changes, ill be glad, and buy boneclaw.

But as she is, I doubt that she will see competitive play anytime soon.

copperpoint

02-03-2013

@Axhliay: Sad, very very sad.
@notanxj9smurf: Ganking was the one thing she was never good at and at least for me its part of who she is. If you want to gank, there are tons of better picks. She is the one going for the jungler and coming out of the jungle as a heavy melee carry.

Or at least thats what she once was...

Moons

02-03-2013

Give her cc and she will be back

TikiBane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

I would just like to say that i play Shyvana alot. And i have a few times so far this season. And i have not had a single bad game with her yet. I play her in the jungle everytime as well. I blow through the jungle with her. I gank alot with her and secure kills very easily.

Honestly i think she is fine where she is.

And in case your wondering i run Damage marks, Armor seals, MR per level glyphs and Health quints. and i use a 21/9/0 mastery tree taking health, armor, damage reflection in defence and everything to the bottom in offence.

Pretty standard.
I find that the Hunter's Machete is a useless item and never ever take it when jungling because the damage bonus at such a low level is pointless when you can save yourself 4 or 5 damage when taking a cloth armor and 5 pots.

Cammy Ho

02-03-2013

+1 from someone who used to main Shyv.

copperpoint

02-03-2013

@Tiki Bane:
You are right, she CAN do well, you CAN jungle with her and you CAN gank or lane with her. My point is: Why try to do it with her, if you can pick other champs that have a way easier time doing it and are usually more usefull in the overall ?
A good example Nocturn: Has his own effect for bonus ats = makes GREAT use of the machete + Synergizes very well with new items (e.g. Black cleaver) He can be tanky to some extend too, he can jungle, he can chase way better then Shyvana and his ganks.... and his lategame is pretty beast too + he has a slow.

I looked into a lot of threads about Shyvana, be it in EU or US forums and the big majority doesnt seem to share you point of view.

She was considered very well balanced in S2, but back then she finnished the jungle easily 10 to 20! seconds faster then lee or nocturn. She was at your red befor you could even finnish the 3rd camp.
Now she is nowehere close to that.

Riot admitted already that she was "unintentionally nerfed pretta hard"